So is it round or flat?

cc.slim

Does God see his world flat or round? I think it's flat per his eyes but a bit of extra input would be helpful!

Depends on if He starts clapping when He holds the whole world in His hands.

Depends on if He starts clapping when He holds the whole world in His hands.

HAHAHAHAHA. Thanks ursen.

I don't think this is a question that can be answered. No one knows how God "sees" anything. This is assuming that God "sees" as we attribute sight. I'll just stick with ursen's answer. :)

Hehehe that is funny ursen! The humor of it is in line with what I was looking for although me thinks he's already clapped his hands and knocked the whole world daffy. lol should of had a V8!

I was looking for not so much the point of certain scriptures rather seeking not to offend my brothers and sisters in faith if I somewhat used the issue in humor.

Note my research into this.

Isaiah 11:12
12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)
Revelation 7:1
1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)
Job 38:13
13 That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)
Jeremiah 16:19
19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)
Daniel 4:11
11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)
Matthew 4:8
8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (KJV)
Acts 11:5
I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: (KJV)

We know it is also written as a sphere and round. So with his see all eyes I just wondered how we are to see especially in our time and era when we can see our whole world instantly via a flat screen. Thanks again for the smile!!!!! wOOt!!!!

Even these days, we still draw maps flat with four corners. And not because we are ignorant of the shape of the Earth.

Mayhaps I'm a bit silly, lost my salt or just a fool but maybe you can see what she gave to me in what God sees. Grab a pen and paper and see what I saw with only what God can draw.

Draw a square. In the middle of it all put a dot. Now from one corner to the next put n for north, a e for east, a s for south, and a w for west. Our world flat like it's on a foundation not like a ball diamond. Now draw a line from that dot to every corner. We have our box bound by north, east, south, and west, earth below and heavens above. A no out situation. Now let us include God an equal distance as a dot above it all. Our choice of course but if all signs point to God above it all what do you see. Go ahead draw the lines and what shines isn't because of me it's because you included God. Shine on! It's what he sees when you include him! Yeah silly I guess but it's up to you to draw the rest. GEMS! Glorify God. Evangelize the lost!Mature the saved!Share the burden!

Last edited:
I've been away for a bit, but this topic caught my attention.
An interesting question because we would assume that He sees it as flat because there can be no part which He does not see... but then to think that way would be limiting our understanding of the way He sees to the narrow way that we (as humans) see.

In any case, I always like to go back to the Word to see what it says on the subject, and Isaiah 40:22 describes a round earth, as does Proverbs 8:27.
Since mankind did not see the earth from space back then, my conclusion is that this is God's point-of-view.

We just need to enlarge our idea of the way that God sees, because He sees differently (Omnipresent+Omniscient) than we do.

P.S. Ursen's answer is also quite accurate!
:D

Last edited:
I would imagine it would be like sticking you head in a bathtub full of water. Is the water surrounding your head round or flat?

I've been away for a bit, but this topic caught my attention.
An interesting question because we would assume that He sees it as flat because there can be no part which He does not see... but then to think that way would be limiting our understanding of the way He sees to the narrow way that we (as humans) see.

In any case, I always like to go back to the Word to see what it says on the subject, and Isaiah 40:22 describes a round earth, as does Proverbs 8:27.
Since mankind did not see the earth from space back then, my conclusion is that this is God's point-of-view.

We just need to enlarge our idea of the way that God sees, because He sees differently (Omnipresent+Omniscient) than we do.

P.S. Ursen's answer is also quite accurate!
:D

Yeah, I really like Ursen's answer too :). As for how God sees the world, it is very hard to imagine. It is hard for us to really understand four dimensions, which we can see, and we live in ten. God looks at time as we would look at the length of an object. Can you imagine how you could perceive that? Seeing objects at every moment within a three dimensional space(technically four with the time)? So, if you are referring to the places like Acts 10:11 that imply a flat earth, I would say those are figures of speech, and the Bible has many types of figures of speech throughout it. If you are asking in perception, I think it really is impossible for us to understand how he sees things. Take a four dimensional cube in three dimensional space for example, a hypercube, I do not know about you, but I have trouble understanding the fourth dimension. I would argue that he can see all ten dimensions; here is what nine dimensions looks like in our three, and that still has one more to go.

I started this mission to see as he. To open my eyes for the very first time the way it’s meant to be, to see, and it happened a bit differently, at least it did, for me.

Yeah I got more than I asked for, face down in the toilet bowl, and it couldn’t have happened more perfectly.

You see I’ve talked to God here before, on my knees in humbleness, but never like this, mouth closed and eyes opened under water. Instantly I recognized the background of white the same as I seen from the outside, then my eyes began to scan in finer details and I saw dark matter. It didn’t cost billions of dollars to figure that out as my eyes began to focus in the background of white, every dark spot swirling around me. Freaked to say the least, I withdrew my face, grabbed a towel and began wondering why this came about, and how.

Here I was trying to test the head in the bathtub and the dilemma of living in an apartment that doesn’t have one. I had already busted the back of my head trying both kitchen and bathroom sinks that had unmovable faucets and while reaching up for an antique wash bowl I slipped and fell face down in the toilet bowl. Grossed beyond belief I jumped in the shower to come clean and as I washed I began to think in finer detail just exactly what I seen.
In a blink of an eye past the plane where dark matter was highlighted against a white, and no I didn’t hang around numbering them like God has the stars numbered for the night. But what I believe I saw after a bit of prayerful thought was while I see all things pointing to God he’s seeing all things pointing to me. Inside out a star rising or outside in, a gem fitting in the crown of a king, either way he sees, I see, it’s a win, win with thanks to God for the tracking seed through Christ whom lives in me!

I’m still left to wonder though, is to if he sees this as flat or round. Radar love or love’s radar, ping or pinged, the depths amaze me when one includes God in all things.

God’s love can never be measured and its fun to dive into but I would have never guessed it could include the toilet bowl. Sitting on this one maybe we better pray it stays flat because if we see things going round it could be, he’s flushing matters down.

Clapped or slapped I felt that one hehehe yep, silly!

Back