So how are the Tixx dungeons?

Enok

Had a blast with the jumping puzzle last night (and throwing snowballs while waiting), so now I'm wondering how the airship dungeons are.

I've never done a dungeon before, and am a little skittish about them, because I gather they generally require some precision to complete. How hard are they for a newbie? Is it possible to jump in without a dungeon-specific build and a bunch of slightly inappropriate green gear?

I do ok and I simply mash the keyboard with my face most of the time. Just try to keep the group together and ya is ok generally in Tixx airship.

Is it possible to jump in without a dungeon-specific build and a bunch of slightly inappropriate green gear?

Absolutely. Fractals and holiday dungeons are very user friendly in terms of new players. You don't need superb gear or even a great build. The main thing is to be johnny on the spot with rezzing downed (not defeated) players except for certain situations in which rezzing them would cause you to die.

But Tixx is nice and easy.

Tixx is nice and easy.

This. They're much faster too ... maybe 15-20 minutes per run. Beware the Black Citadel one (today's) because it has a bug where multiple events can pop at the same time. That made it more difficult.

Good to know, thanks everyone.

They're supposed to get more challenging with each one, right? Or is that more on paper than reality?

I haven't done today's yet, but the first two were about the same. Maybe it was intentional that there were multiple events at once on yesterday's ... which would hold to the theme of a toypocalypse and them getting harder with each passing day. I'll be doing today's soon and will report.

I did Black Citadel's with a PuG last night. There seemed to be more steps to that one, but I think we plowed through it faster than any of the others. Not sure if it's just knowing what to expect or if they made each step a little easier.

Hoelbrak wasn't difficult at all and had no simultaneous events like Black Citadel did. I don't think they are getting harder.

Back