So are you all up for trying out the CGA Mumble Server?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Mumble is a voice chat client, like Ventrilo or TeamSpeak.

To my untrained ear, Mumble features audio quality on par with Ventrilo.

Mumble also features some neat overlays for popular online PC games.

You can download the Mumble client here.

The address for the Christian Gamers Alliance Mumble Server is cgalliance.org, default port.

If guild leadership wants channels created for Redeemed, please send the relevant information in a PM to Joshinator, the CGA Mumble Server Operator, and copy me on the PM.

Mumble represents our best shot at One Voice Chat Server To Rule Them All.

Switching from Ventrilo to Mumble would also save ToJ $60 every 3 months (though I would hope that those donations, or at least some of those donations, would instead go to the CGA, which pays $395 USD a year for dedicated server hosting).

I think that covers the basics. So what do you all say? Are you willing to give Mumble a try? I'm not asking anyone to switch from Vent to Mumble right away; I'm just asking you all to try it out and think about it.

I used it with the SWTOR guys and thought it was good... a couple things I didn't like but was more of a personal preferance.

/bump

We were talking about this in game this morning. Any verdict on switching over? Quite a few of us would like to see it happen.

We were talking about this in game this morning. Any verdict on switching over? Quite a few of us would like to see it happen.
It's up to you guys. I'd love to have One Voice Chat Server to Rule Them All (or at least one less) myself.

If you all want to make the move to the CGA Mumble Server and shut down the Ventrilo server, just have a guild leader or officer send me a PM so notashamed (our Accounts Manager) and I can cancel the Ventrilo server hosting.

You guys know my position. I love mumble and think its a fantastic platform. I also love the idea of a giant voice chat community with the ability to see the same friends as we play WoW, D3, GW2 and the f2p MMOs of the month.

Mumble has:
Joshinator.
No trolls.
In-game overlay.
Vulcans.
Han Solo.

TS3 has:
A lack of Joshinator.
Trolls. (sometimes)
No built in, in-game overlay.
Ferengi.
Jar Jar Binks.
Too many unused channels.

Mumble has:
Joshinator.
No trolls.
In-game overlay.
Vulcans.
Han Solo.

TS3 has:
A lack of Joshinator.
Trolls. (sometimes)
No built in, in-game overlay.
Ferengi.
Jar Jar Binks.
Too many unused channels.
Actually, Joshinator is still the CGA TeamSpeak Server Operator. As for the unused channel, I'm currently working with ToJ leadership staff to tidy things up a bit. Trolls will find our Mumble server eventually, so we'll need active moderators to ensure they get the boot when they break the server rules.

I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of Han Solo on the CGA Mumble Server.

That wasn't gold. That was carbonite. And shhh~

Nah man. That carbonite one was gone 2 weeks a go. I just realized the six inch gold statue artifact that excavated during the 1930s is missing from... oh... I'll be quiet now...

Oh I stored that gold statue artifact in a gold box that was found in Egypt. we cataloged the find and stored it in a government warehouse in a crate.

Im sure I could find it again.......I think....

Back