So a girl died, and saw a vision of hell..

jjb14

First post here, but I wanted to ask you guys opinion.

I love games. Im in college and I dont party or do too much besides work out and hang out with family and after all that is done I've used my spare time to play video games since I can remember. Literally, 3 years old (NES lol).

Apparently, this girl died and had a vision of hell and saw kids who were in hell because they watched too much TV and pokemon

This is the video if anyone is interested..

http://www.flixya.com/video/4129442/Prepare-to-Meet-Your-God-by-Angelica-Zambrano

I think that should work.

Anyway..

If kids are in hell for watching too much TV and pokemon, what does that mean for people who love the lord, obey his word and play WoW a lot??

I read my word daily, pray daily, obey my God and pray and see myself growing and hold no credit back from Jesus Christ.

..But after a long day, I want to hop on Twisted Metal and blow some cars up with my cousin.

Does that send me to hell? IDK.. apparently its open for discussion..

I'm not saying it does, i'm not saying it doesn't. I just don't want to feel like a evil individual when I turn my playstation on and play fallout or something like that.

I've talked to people who are very deep in the church and some wholeheartedly agree with this and swear by it. I, myself am a skeptic. Is it because I like games? I don't LOVE games. I like them. I may say I LOVE them..but in my opinion, they are a past time and nothing more.

Thoughts????

Only one thing will send you to hell. Rejecting the free gift of salvation that Christ offers you. Our lives are filled with sin from what we view as little sins like lying and profanity to large ones like worshiping other gods (a god would be anything you are more devoted to than the one true God) or hate.

Playing video games or watching too much pokemon will not send you to hell anymore than killing someone will (Most of our Bible was penned by 3 murderers). The Bible tells us that all things are possible for those of us that are saved but not all are profitable. If your not saved it doesn't matter if you live a life of complete sin or a life worthy of Mother Theresa, you're still going to hell. If you're saved, it doesn't matter if you play pokemon every waking hour of the day, you're still going to Heaven.

Our actions don't determine our destination. Our destination is determined in our Faith in Christ alone.

Only one thing will send you to hell. Rejecting the free gift of salvation that Christ offers you. Our lives are filled with sin from what we view as little sins like lying and profanity to large ones like worshiping other gods (a god would be anything you are more devoted to than the one true God) or hate.

Playing video games or watching too much pokemon will not send you to hell anymore than killing someone will (Most of our Bible was penned by 3 murderers). The Bible tells us that all things are possible for those of us that are saved but not all are profitable. If your not saved it doesn't matter if you live a life of complete sin or a life worthy of Mother Theresa, you're still going to hell. If you're saved, it doesn't matter if you play pokemon every waking hour of the day, you're still going to Heaven.

Our actions don't determine our destination. Our destination is determined in our Faith in Christ alone.

I sure did believe that from the beginning. However, this video that a couple people showed me caught my attention and I wanted some opinions and I've lurked here for a few days

Romans 14:14
I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

That was a terrible video - I'm referring to the quality and the content of the thing.

jib14, I wouldn't worry about anything in that video. Wolfeman and Patriot are telling you the truth - not that video.

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation (which would include TV,) will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

On another note, I have to ask: why is it when a person is nearly dead (and therefore not in control of their capacities) and has a vision, it is given a lot of credence, but when someone has full capacities and gets a vision, they're just weird?

Look in the Bible and see how many visions occurred when people were "almost dead" (arguably, one: Daniel) and see how many visions occurred when people were pretty lucid.

Our faith should be in the Bible, in the Word of God, not in phenomena.

I think of the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus, where the rich man asks Abraham to send his brothers a "message from beyond the grave" -- similar to this video. Abraham replies that if they don't listen to the prophets, messages from God that don't need to come from beyond the grave, they aren't going to listen to messages from anywhere. Yet, it seems to me that the video in question is positing just such an idea. "You didn't listen to the prophets when they told you that Pokemon was bad, so now God needs to send a message from beyond the grave." Huh?

This post may seem rambley, but that because it's my mindbarf.

Last edited:
There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation (which would include TV,) will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

On another note, I have to ask: why is it when a person is nearly dead (and therefore not in control of their capacities) and has a vision, it is given a lot of credence, but when someone has full capacities and gets a vision, they're just weird?

Look in the Bible and see how many visions occurred when people were "almost dead" (arguably, one: Daniel) and see how many visions occurred when people were pretty lucid.

Our faith should be in the Bible, in the Word of God, not in phenomena.

I think of the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus, where the rich man asks Abraham to send his brothers a "message from beyond the grave" -- similar to this video. Abraham replies that if they don't listen to the prophets, messages from God that don't need to come from beyond the grave, they aren't going to listen to messages from anywhere. Yet, it seems to me that the video in question is positing just such an idea. "You didn't listen to the prophets when they told you that Pokemon was bad, so now God needs to send a message from beyond the grave." Huh?

This post may seem rambley, but that because it's my mindbarf.

I see what you mean. It was just an awkward time for me, because I look up to some people that agreed with this and I asked them about it and they were all for it. I know that not everyone will agree, but this just doesn't seem right. If anything, IN MY OPINION..i'm not judging the girl, or the people who believe the story .. but

I've always seen two images of God/Jesus from different people

A: God loves us, but if we don't follow this huge rule book we're headed straight to the pits like the kid who apparently didn't know Jesus in the video, disobeyed his parents and watched pokemon and got hit by a car afterwards which sent him to hell.

B: God loves us, and there is nothing keeping us from him after we accept jesus christ and follow him. that's as simple as i can put it.

Welcome to the site, by the way. I meant to mention that above but forgot.

A: God loves us, but if we don't follow this huge rule book we're headed straight to the pits like the kid who apparently didn't know Jesus in the video, disobeyed his parents and watched pokemon and got hit by a car afterwards which sent him to hell.
Legalism. Paul speaks against this in Galatians where certain people were preaching you had to be circumcised in addition to accepting Christ to be saved. Paul actually uses rather harsh language against those who would preach legalism.

B: God loves us, and there is nothing keeping us from him after we accept jesus christ and follow him. that's as simple as i can put it.
Indeed. Saved by grace through faith. Most definitely not by works.

Welcome to the site, by the way. I meant to mention that above but forgot.

Legalism. Paul speaks against this in Galatians where certain people were preaching you had to be circumcised in addition to accepting Christ to be saved. Paul actually uses rather harsh language against those who would preach legalism.

Thanks man its a cool forum. So maybe me stepping into question with what this girl saw is controversial, because I don't want to write her off and call her a liar. I'm sure she loves God and i'll leave it at that. But where in the world did all this come from? In reference to her vision/dream. I guess you could say it might not even be up to me/us to even worry about/figure out.

The part I bolded and underlined is legalism as well. Once we are His children, nothing can separate us from Him. Not even ourselves.

We are called to follow Him as a demonstration of our love and gratitude. Not as a condition of our continued salvation.

Yeah maybe so.

So let me rephrase this for the sake of further discussion:

I actually misinterpreted the video.

I believe this is what it meant:

The kid went to hell because he was rebellious and watched pokemon all day. He went outside and got hit by a car.

"The Lord told me something that is very sad and very painful. He said, "Daughter, there are many children in this place because of animated cartoons, because of rebellion." I asked Him, "Lord, why are animated cartoons to blame for this?" And He explained, "Because they are demons that carry rebellion, disobedience, bitterness and hatred to children; and other demons enter these children, so that they do not do good things, but do that which is bad: whatever children see on TV, they want to do in reality." Hell exists, hell is real, and even children must decide with whom they will go. I said, "Lord, tell me, why are there children in this place?" And Jesus answered, "Once children have knowledge that there is a heaven and a hell, then they have a place to choose.""

http://www.encinardemamre.com/Angelica-Zambrano-testimony-in-English.html

ALso: The Lord said, "Daughter, there are also people who know Me, that are walking to this place." I asked, "Lord, how can people who know You also come here?" He replied, "That person who has left My ways and that person who is living a double life." He started showing me people who were walking to Hell. They were tied from their hands to their feet.

Lastly: They each wore a white garment, but it was torn, stained and wrinkled. Jesus said, "Daughter, see how My people have walked away from Me. Daughter, I want to tell you that I am not coming for these people. I am coming for a holy people, ready, without blemish, without wrinkle and without defilement...Go and tell them to return to the old paths." (EPH 5:26-27)

**^^ i actually read the citation to that verse and it seemed to be taken out of context What does that have to do with this story??

I watched DBZ in 4th grade for about 2 years .. I never ever got in trouble or did anything out of the ordinary?? I never wanted to fight or nothing i just liked the characters and the story. TBH, I got every episode of dbz and Gt in my room hah

Last edited:
The kid went to hell because he was rebellious and watched pokemon all day. He went outside and got hit by a car.
He went to hell because he did not accept Christ.

"Because they are demons that carry rebellion, disobedience, bitterness and hatred to children; and other demons enter these children, so that they do not do good things, but do that which is bad: whatever children see on TV, they want to do in reality."
Kids do that stuff without watching TV. It is sin nature.

Daughter, see how My people have walked away from Me. Daughter, I want to tell you that I am not coming for these people. I am coming for a holy people, ready, without blemish, without wrinkle and without defilement...Go and tell them to return to the old paths." (EPH 5:26-27)
Christ is the one who "presents" His bride (church) as holy and without blemish before God. We cannot attain that status without Him and His sacrifice. He does not come to us expecting us to have attained holiness on our own.

I watched DBZ in 4th grade for about 2 years .. I never ever got in trouble or did anything out of the ordinary?? I never wanted to fight or nothing i just liked the characters and the story. TBH, I got every episode of dbz and Gt in my room hah
People look for "something" to blame. In this case, it is the evil television. In other cases, they blame other things (video games, etc.). But ultimately it comes down to the root cause of sin and our being born into a sin nature.

Hmmm well, I am going to keep my comment very simple:

Although the video is over an hour long, and much is said, very little of it actually matters.

The truth is that the little details of what goes on in Hell and Heaven really do not matter --- that is why the little details are never explained in scripture except what is needed to show Jesus.

Bottom line: Accept Jesus as Savior and Live, Reject Him and die.
Mankind can not be saved by good works, no-one can be holy or righteous in themselves but only through the redeeming blood of Christ.

If someone wants me to comment more on this, I certainly will, but right now it does not seem necessary to do so.

Last edited:
Hmmm well, I am going to keep my comment very simple:

Although the video is over an hour long, and much is said, very little of it actually matters.

The truth is that the little details of what goes on in Hell and Heaven really do not matter --- that is why the little details are never explained in scripture except what is needed to show Jesus.

Bottom line: Accept Jesus as Savior and Live, Reject Him and die.
Mankind can not be saved by good works, no-one can be holy or righteous in themselves but only through the redeeming blood of Christ.

If someone wants me to comment more on this, I certainly will, but right now it does not seem necessary to do so.

It sure doesn't.. i appreciate all replies. Now I can play twisted metal with my cousin and watch DBZ and not feel like a murderer lol.

It sure doesn't.. i appreciate all replies. Now I can play twisted metal with my cousin and watch DBZ and not feel like a murderer lol.

It may ease you even more to know that I play Twisted Metal also.
The basic idea is that Jesus came to give us peace - including peace of mind... if a thing is stealing your peace, then it needs to go... that's a simple way to know.

Check my other post in the Sinning in Video Games thread, or just ask if you have any concerns.

Last edited:
Back