Snapshot - new stuff!

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
Hey everyone! Well, the new snapshot came out this morning. There are quite a few new blocks this time!
Next to spawn I have made a little display of the new stuff. I don't know where we find these blocks yet. The hunt begins! I did figure out the mossy stone brick recipe (1 vine + 1 stone brick).
Have fun bouncing on the new slimy bouncy blocks! (9 slime balls = 1 bouncy block).

This will be fun! Let's hear your thoughts and discoveries!

2014-01-09_09.43.03.jpg

I can picture a bouncy room... a beacon below a large room made of slime blocks. All slime walls/floor/ceiling with just a beacon block at the bottom center and hole at the top for the beam. Actually, the beacon could be off to the side if it's built powerful enough... Totally enclosed bouncy room! I wonder if torches stick to slime blocks? [Edit: they do] Considering the name, maybe chickens would stick to slime blocks?

[Edit:]Slime blocks can be reduced back to 9 slime balls, so slime blocks are now an effective storage for slime balls, just like redstone blocks and coal blocks.

Last edited:
So to clarify, the server is running on the snapshots now?

Yes. Hm... I assumed people would be downloading the snapshots like I do, but I guess that's not good to assume. Maybe I should make a poll to find out how many people do or don't.

Back