Site Timeouts

crcook84

Can you setup the site so that we don't timeout so quickly? I'm registered with Tech Support Guy and, once I login on a particular browser, my login information is saved so that all I have to do is go there and I'm still logged in. If you have security reasons for why you have a short timeout (or even technical reasons based on the server/domain this site is registered with), I can accept that. It's just a little frustrating that, after a period of non-use, the page times out and I have to do some finagling to save my work and log back in to finish it.

I was unaware the site times out at all. I sometimes leave the site up for hours, and have never gotten any type of time out... The issue may be on your end...

It does time you out if you have a large post open that you come back to. I tend to be overly verbose so it happens to me... often.

Also, from time to time when I try to hit the site I get a 404 error or get bounced to firefox's find site. What's with that?

I haven't experienced any timeouts and the only time I've had to log back in is when I've cleared my cookies.

Back