Signup for Elder Scrolls Online beta

Signed up! The application reported my chances of being selected for the beta as "Excellent." :)

Well I've decided I'm no longer excited for this game, because of these two little quotes here;

"We like to think of previous Elder Scrolls games as fables; sort of 'fanciful portrayals' of legend. With Elder Scrolls Online we're giving you the real world of Tamriel."

sad.png

So now they're pretty much rewritting almost 20 years of established lore just so they can do whatever the heck they want in TESO. Well they won't be getting my money, and I'm actually going to enjoy watching this sink like The Old Republic and pretty much every MMO that isn't WoW or GW.

[toj.cc]phantom;470420 said:
Well they won't be getting my money, and I'm actually going to enjoy watching this sink like The Old Republic and pretty much every MMO that isn't WoW or GW.
Or EVE Online.

Or DDO.

Or Lord of the Rings Online.

Or--Well, you get my point. WoW and GW2 aren't the only games in town, though they are the most popular (and I <3 what I've played of GW2 so far).

In pretty sure you can include gw2 in that list now, I know very few ppl still playing. Huge disappointment.

Last edited:
I've signed up for the beta. . .but I have a very firm 'no paying subscriptions for games' policy (after my first and last subscription experience when CoH originally came out). And my purchasing games policy is rather strict allowing virtually no games to be bought. The last exception to that rule was Skyrim and given that I am still playing it (probably due to a definite lack of a gaming backlog also due to my purchasing policy) I consider it to be a decent investment.

Suffice to say, I'm signed up to get a free look at the world (assuming I get picked) not to truly consider buying (and subscribing to) the game. In addition, my brother is signed up for the beta and I tend to go out of my way to find time to play with him since he lives several states away.

I am signing up for the Beta right now. Has anyone here been selected to participate yet?

In pretty sure you can include gw2 in that list now, I know very few ppl still playing. Huge disappointment.

Yeah I had heard it wasn't doing to good. Does that have anything to do with the massive amount of bans they where issuing or just the game itself not being any good?

[toj.cc]phantom;470732 said:
Yeah I had heard it wasn't doing to good. Does that have anything to do with the massive amount of bans they where issuing or just the game itself not being any good?
Bwah? I can only speak for myself, but I <3 GW2. It's like it was designed by people who actually have lives and jobs and have neither the time nor the inclination to spend 45 minutes watching their character run from point A to point B. The game is super-fun to play with my wife, very accommodating of ADD gamers (like myself), and there's always at least a few Legacy of Elijah folks on and willing to chat any time I play.

I'm not saying it's for everyone, but I'm having a blast with it so far.

I really like Guild Wars 2, too. I've just been too absorbed in the Old Republic to play it lately. Despite all the complaints about the game and related issues, it's still Star Wars, and I love me the Star War. I'll pick GW2 back up eventually.

Oh... and Elder Scrolls Online. Still hoping it turns out awesome. Won't be in a hurry to buy it (yay for being cheap and still having an excessive backlog), but I'd like for it to be great all the same. ^_^

Back