Signing up for Redeemed's first MC run

Goblit

The first "official" trash run for Team Eternity is Friday May 5th. Start time 5 server...ending no later than 9 server.

At "trash" run means we will not be doing any bosses, just trash mobs. It is an all important first step in learning how to run the instance....and we get loot in the process!

If you are wanting to sign up for the MC trash run on Friday......do so under the raid schedule section of the forums......not under this thread or you may be overlooked.

You said thread what thread..wait theres a piece of thread here..."Pulls thread on shirt sleeve" "Shirt falls apart"

Must have been the wrong thread. :0 :)

<covers eyes and hands Cgamer another shirt> :-P

Check for the correct thread under the In-game Activities section Raid Schedule division under the heading MC run Friday May 5th.

There will be many sign up threads...pick the one on the date you are available to come :-) and sign up. This thread is just a sign post for the sign up thread :-P

Question: Will we still have an alliance with HK that we can run with? I have like 300 dkp stacked up and I'd hate to see it go to waste.

I believe you have to choose a raid and stick with it, as these save you to them for several days at a time. Dagroth doesnt like it when people cant show because they are saved with another group, and i am absolutly positive Young - Other Redeemed leaders will not appreciate it either.

As do I Azzie. Hopefully this will help clear up a couple of things.
  1. HK runs on Wednesday. The leaders of Friday's trash run will most likely run with HK on Wed. This means the trash run on Friday will be bound to the HK instance.
  2. We will kill all bosses Wed night so we will only be able to do trash mobs on Friday since the MC reset is every Tuesday.
  3. You still have several weeks to burn up those points on HK MC runs before the first full Team Eternity MC run with boss fights.
  4. Use your HK points on Onyxia and BWL runs as it will be a while before we have Redeemed teams for those instances.
Hope this helps.

So these trash runs won't net us much of anything and we are only cleaning up what HK doesn't do on Wednesday Night? Okay just me, but I have a small issue with that. What are the chances drops worth wild drop from "trash mobs"? Just a little concern i have...cause if the chance of drops is nil, what's the point of doing the trash run other than to get xp running with the group (which in of itself isn't bad) but some folks like myself barely have a tier one set let alone a tier2 /set geared for ony/MC...just a little concern i have...

to get xp running with the group (which in of itself isn't bad)

Considering 50% of the group is anticipated to be made up of people outside of the guild, this point is in itself more important then most people are willing to give credit to.

10 to 15 people still have to discharge their commitments to the alliance with the Holicron Knights. Integrity of their character is on the line in doing so.

So, here is the real issue:

How do we get 40 people together, when nearly 50% of them are not even in the same guild(s), to start learning to work together as a team?

Everybody has issues, some don't like that we won't turn our backs on the Holicron Knights, others don't like the concept of DKP, others don't like Friday runs, others don't like that we have to get outside help.

I see lots of problems and issue and way too few solutions. Doing a trash run is the best way we can think of to see how things will run, from signing up on the forums to how raid leadership will work to how well we can work together.

Lil, the primary intent for trash runs are not for getting geared but are designed to get the team working together or else we will never take down the tuffer bosses. If you are not committed to being a team player and wiping lots of times while we learn how to do the trash mob fights and bosses, then you should remove yourself from the list.

Although HK now has Ragnoras on farm status often completing all MC in 5-6 hours, just talk to some of the vets. They will tell you about the begining when they were first learning the instance and wiped over and over. Team Eternity is a new group. We have some MC vets and we have some that will be new. It will take time for the group to gell and learn to play and rely on each other. It will take time for us to even get to Rag even though we have two days a week scheduled for it.

So, if you expect to get your Tier 1 gear overnight, best to dispell that myth right now. I have been running with HK for 5 months and I have 3 set pieces and two other epics. That is roughly one epic per month.

Plankeye said:
[...] So, if you expect to get your Tier 1 gear overnight, best to dispell that myth right now. [...]
Unless you are a Warlock named Osirys. BUT, i happen to know that the certain Warlock i am referring to also had negative DKP for the LONGEST time. Epics do have a chance to drop off trash mobs, yes it happens. But if we dont know how to take trash mobs then we will never get to any bosses and then.... youll never see any epics anyway. This is a necessary step in the raiding process.

Last edited:
awesome, sensei. sounds good. although....

After tomorrow afternoon I may or may not be able to play for a few months. This summer I'm going overseas for a while, and while I'm back home from school I might not be able to get on WoW. If I can, I'll see if i can go to a few runs...

The more trash mobs you farm in MC, the better your tanks/rogues will be geared for Rag thanks to lava/fiery cores. BoE epics are randomed = no dkp loss, which will probably change to 50 for boes once Redeemed starts doing its own MC runs. The first two giants in MC really shows how trash in MC works for people that haven't been there. I really wish I could come with you guys but for now I am still raiding with HK in ZG.

Lilminihaha said:
So these trash runs won't net us much of anything and we are only cleaning up what HK doesn't do on Wednesday Night? Okay just me, but I have a small issue with that. What are the chances drops worth wild drop from "trash mobs"? Just a little concern i have...cause if the chance of drops is nil, what's the point of doing the trash run other than to get xp running with the group (which in of itself isn't bad) but some folks like myself barely have a tier one set let alone a tier2 /set geared for ony/MC...just a little concern i have...

Trash mobs drop fiery/lava core which are really necessary to gear up tanks/rogues. Note that 40 man instances are not like brs/scholo/strat/dm where you can get to a boss easily. Luckily since you will be doing trash mobs in an instance HK has cleared, you will not have to deal with mobs that respawn every 10 mins. Instead you get the easy trash, mobs that are straight forward to tank. Doing this trash run is also a nice way to measure how good the raid's dps.

Lilminihaha, let me set aside your worries. Trash mobs drop epic set pieces ALL the time. I have seen 5 pieces drop in 1 run. I have actually never been on a trash run where at least 1 piece didn't drop. (not counting ones that fell apart due to lack of participation) The first time I went on a trash run, I had the same feelings as you, but then after the 20th kill (or so) a Belt of Prophecy dropped and I won!

Besides the chance of easy loot, the practice of being together as a team is invaluable.

Back