Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
If you want to sign up for the Tribe of Judah: Natural Selection competition team, please post to this thread with the following information:

1. Name
2. Handle
3. E-mail address
4. WON ID
5. Steam ID
6. Natural Selection Forums username (Create an account if you don't have one already, then return and post your username here)
7. AIM or ICQ ID (I prefer ICQ since it supports offline messages, but I realize AIM is far more popular in the US)
8. Would you prefer to be listed as a main or alternate player? (Alternates are "sub-ins" when main players cannot make games)

ALL of the aforementioned is required.

- Click here for instructions on finding out your Steam ID.

- Click here for instructions on finding out your WON ID.

If you have any questions, please post a reply to this thread. I know my usual style of careful eloquence has been all but eradicated by my urgent need to get several projects moving before Saturday, so I might very well have missed something in all this.

NOTE: I'll be password-protecting the competition team forum very soon, so don't sweat that.
smile.gif

1. Isaiah Jones
2. Tek7
3. tek7 AT toj DOT cc
4. 556563
5. STEAM_0:1:350952
6. Tek7
7. ICQ: 10201327, AIM: anomaly13
8. Alternate

1. Dr. James Daget
2. Mosquito Morte
3. mosquitomorte1@cox.net
4. 18063
5. Waiting for steam to launch is just as bad as waited for aol to sign on in the olden days. (disapproves of steam completely)
mad.gif

6. Mosquito Morte
7. icq: 69744877
8. Alternate

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mosquito Morte @ Dec. 05 2003,8:54)]5. Waiting for steam to launch is just as bad as waited for aol to sign on in the olden days. (disapproves of steam completely)
mad.gif
While Steam may be the complete and utter sux0rz, I still need every team member's Steam ID to register for the Natural Selection International Tournament when the time comes. I know it's a hassle, but it should only take a few minutes when Steam is up and running properly (I know, I know, this is a rare situation).

1. Randall Newman
2. Randog
3. Randog at cfaith dot com
4. 3217194
5. STEAM_0:0:1346979
6. Randog
7. AIM:Mastarandog8 EDIT: ICQ:221145539
8. Main

1. Jonathan Lilly
2. Elihu
3. bbv40020@yahoo.com
4. 92300
5. 405 STEAM_0:0:608823
6. Elihu
7. ICQ = 39331740 AOL=fjorboug@aol.com MSN=fjorboug@msn.com
8. MAIN

Hrm...*scratches head* Two starters and two alternates. Where's Mercury? Where's crikket? >_<

It looks like we'll need to recruit more NS team members. We can start recruiting internally (within ToJ) then, if necessary, recruit externally. Keep in mind, though, that all members of the Tribe of Judah Natural Selection competition team must be listed on the ToJ roster.

1. Jonathan Potts
2. Matrinix
3. jonathan AT atronox DOT com
4. 3030207
5. STEAM_0:0:78760
6. TheMatrinix
7. AIM: jonathanp617
8. Main

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matrinix @ Dec. 09 2003,6:51)]4. (no WONID [only uses Steam])
While I only need the Steam IDs of all team members to sign up for the upcoming tournament, it would be best for all members to play together on WON-based servers when possible. The majority of NS servers right now run on Steam, and nearly all of the ToJ members who play NS stick to WON-based servers.

If you still have your old Half-Life install (i.e. you didn't choose to clean up your old installation when you originally installed Steam), you can install NS to your old install and either use the in-game server browser of All-Seeing Eye to find servers. Of course, you can always search for other ToJ members playing NS using ServerSpy or GameTiger.

You can still play NS over Steam, but it's still buggy and few NS servers are going to make the change before 3.0 is released. If you'd like to play NS on Steam-based servers, be sure to check out this NS forum thread.

If you didn't save your old HL install when installing Steam, I'd recommend uninstalling Half-Life altogether, reinstalling, upgrading your original install to 1.1.1.0, and installing Steam after that. When you have Steam working, follow the directions on the aforementioned NS forum thread if you want to play NS on Steam-based servers.

Don't forget to come back and post your WON ID after installing NS or reinstalling HL and NS!
biggrin.gif

Errrrr, sorry, I totally missed this post, but you should know I'm up for it, Tek.

1. Tyler Smith
2. Vanaze
3. Ctylersmith@comcast.net
5. STEAM_0:1:65310
6. Vanaze
7. Seiesnalli
8. Main

I'll post my WON soon enough, though right now I'm a bit busy and shouldn't even be posting this -_-

1. John Smith
2. QuePasa
4. 1111111
5. STEAM_0:1:111111
6. Que Pasa (note the space)
8. Alternate

Last edited by a moderator:
Wunderbar! That's four starters and four alternates so far. We've met our quota for alternates (though more are always welcome to sign up) and only need two more starters.

At this point, I would greatly appreciate a volunteer to (1) price Natural Selection server hosting, (2) post recruiting calls to various forums (I'll write up a basic post and have the person edit and then post it wherever appropriate), and (3) seek out corporate sponsors.

If you would like to volunteer to help, e-mail me at tek7 AT toj DOT cc and I'll get you started.

1. Jeremy Hargrove
2. crikket
3. crikket@coolbalm.com (full of spam, btw)
4. 316086
5. do i HAVE to put up with something that'll change all my configs??
6. crikket (since august)
7. crikket42 / 76939542 (but since i dont look at either one any more, contact me as crikket @irc.gamesnet.net or @irc.aniverse.com
8. main

[b said:
Quote[/b] (crikket @ Dec. 12 2003,4:16)]5. do i HAVE to put up with something that'll change all my configs??
Yes, but just long enough to load up any Steam-compatible mod and locate your Steam ID. It's unfortunately required for application to the upcoming tournament and will be necessary for Natural Selection 3.0.

I'm very sorry to say this but I must inform you guys that I am not going to be able to play anymore.

I cannot control myself enough to keep gaming and do my respnsibilities in real life.  I need to cut it off.

the Holy Spirit has beeen telling me to do this for a while but I have not been listening and for that i apologize to God and you.  I shouldn't be as involved as I am.  I also feel that I am not being a light for God anyways, I haven't been seeing the fruits of it.

plz release me of any responsibilities or expectations i might have incurred on myself by signing up in this thread or any other or on the ToJ site.

In conclusion I love ToJ.  I love the gamers. I love playing.  I just love the playing part too much.  It has become detrimental and an addiction.(yes it's very addicting) Maybe when I'm old and retired and all that I'll be able to play again or even fulfill the dream of making a christian game. I don't count on it tho.

Randog

P.S. I hope you guys can get a team for ns going without me.  I would have loved 3.0 as much as 2 or 1.04.  I'd prolly be even more addicted =o.

Let's get a move on, guys. I only need one volunteer to help me recruit and we can advance to the next stage in forming the team.

Back