Shaiya

Starr

I love this game and am quite sad that there isn't a ToJ guild or something. Can we please start that somehow? I don't know if there's anyone else who plays it but it'd be interesting.
*Starr*

Well, I haven't heard of it, so I looked it up through my usual MMO channels and it seems to be in the league of what we call "Asian grinders", it got close to the same review as Rapplez which means I will not be trying the game, and there probably won't be much, if any interest for the game here... There are 100s of games out there similar to it, and usually the logevity of interest is pretty low... Not sure your experiance with MMORPGs but I have been playing them for over 10 years and played over 50, if you are somewhat new to MMOs or only played like 1 or 2 of them, sometimes you fall into an "Asian grinder" not really knowing about them (I did this 7 or 8 years ago), usually the games are great a first (plays on novelty) then after putting 50-100 hours into the game (which isn't much for an MMO) you find that it is a dead end... Now I could be completely wrong about this game, but from what I am seeing, from very trusted sources, you might end up being disappointed...

Oh, I see. Well I played it back in March 2007 and hadn't started playing since last week. So I did get bored, but I got bored much quicker with Guild Wars interestingly. I'm not sure why... So Asian grinders are MMORPG gameplayers who don't know much about MMORPGs? That would be me [lol] Well I'm really sad then because I only enjoy the game with people who make it fun. It's really boring on my own :( Oh well... [sigh] I'll still continue to hope that I play a game where there's a Christian guild in it. Thank you for your time. :D The hours I've spent on Shaiya, btw, are not properly recorded by Xfire.
*Starr*

I have found many games like the one you are talking about are fun to play, but because of the free nature of free MMORPGs (not much content) it is hard to get people to play the game...or at least get them to stick around...that is also the issue with GW, the fact it is free makes it so that content updates are lacking and doesn't happen often enough to keep people interested...games like EQ2, which is a pay to play game, gets new content every month for that $15/month fee...keeps more content coming than you can keep up with...that is the reason for the monthly fees... GW is the perfect example of the lack of content from no monthly fees... I have tried to play GW but couldn't find enough stuff to keep me busy...like almost every good pay to play MMORPGs provide...

Last edited:
me and my best friend used to play shaiya! ^^ It IS a fun game but... It is a little bit too "mature" for me so I always feel guilty for playing it... I was thinking about playing DOMO again today, which is also made by aeria though...

I played Shaiya for awhile, but found that the grind it turned into just wasn't doing it for me. The game does have nice graphics and several cool classes to choose from, especially for a free game. Personally, I've recently tried out another free game called: Perfect World, and liked it a lot better.

me and my best friend used to play shaiya! ^^ It IS a fun game but... It is a little bit too "mature" for me so I always feel guilty for playing it... I was thinking about playing DOMO again today, which is also made by aeria though...

Oh yeah, that's a good point. I really haven't noticed it. Maybe I've gotten to immune to the "exposure." Maybe it's because I'm a female. [shrugs] I don't really know. I just like playing the game. [lol]
*Starr*

Back