Shadow Warriors

Avesther

Everything I've read, Shadow Warriors are supposed to be the weakest ranged dps. Everything I've read, we are supposed to be in scout stance putting on debuffs on the enemy team because our dps is so weak.

The reality is, I rarely kill anything 1 on 1. Ranged DPS out dps SW's, so I have to get in close but by the time I do, I'm dead. Mellee out mellee me so I have to snare them and get away, but I can't do enough damage at all before my snare cooldowns are up, so I'm dead when the get to me.

BUT, in a group setting where I SW's can hide behind mellee on our team, pray for a few heals, the story is different. Here is a screenie of a Tor Anroc where the number 1 and number 2 dps'ers in the scenerio are two skirmish specced Shadow Warriors.

Yeah, I've seen quite a few mediocre SWs in scenarios, but lately I've seen a few good ones. I've been playing my BW lately (19/16 currently), and probably 60-70% of my scenarios I lead in damage done and am near or at the top in killing blows. There have been a couple SWs, though, that I couldn't keep up with damage-wise. I don't know what it is that they do, but whatever it is seems to be very effective.

I just got my Third tier morale abilit - Explosive shot. 10 seconds, all ranged attacks explode doing 300 damage to all enemies within a 30 foot radious of your target.

I use a tactic - Split Arrows - Spiral Fletched Arrow now hits all enemies within 20 feet of your target

Healers and casters tend to group up...No better way to wreak havoc on healers so our mellee and tanks can cut through their mellee and tanks.

AOE abilities are king in WAR. BWs and SORCs start out with AE abilities early on in their careers and that is why they can generically top damage charts. I don't know about BWs but SORCs have a spamable insta cast AOE that on maps with choke points like MT, you can do lots of damage really quickly with little effort. My level 15 SORC has 4 AOE abilities!

If you can get AOE abilities in your career, you will increase your damage. Bites that it is a moral ability as it can be harder to stay alive long enough to get to that level as a melee DPS.

The thing with AoE's is they tend not to kill people, they stress healers. Anything that can stress a healer is good. I picked up a skill that causes healing recieved to be reduced by 50%. Thats uber, Destro tanks go down when I apply it and keep it up.

AOE abilities are king in WAR. BWs and SORCs start out with AE abilities early on in their careers and that is why they can generically top damage charts. I don't know about BWs but SORCs have a spamable insta cast AOE that on maps with choke points like MT, you can do lots of damage really quickly with little effort. My level 15 SORC has 4 AOE abilities!

If you can get AOE abilities in your career, you will increase your damage. Bites that it is a moral ability as it can be harder to stay alive long enough to get to that level as a melee DPS.

The thing with AoE's is they tend not to kill people, they stress healers. Anything that can stress a healer is good. I picked up a skill that causes healing recieved to be reduced by 50%. Thats uber, Destro tanks go down when I apply it and keep it up.

Depends on what you're going for.

If you are going to try to be the highest on the kill count, then I don't necessarily agree that AOE's are king. I think that dots are. They are generally quicker spells to cast and they don't require you hanging around to do damage. You can spam tab and dot up a lot of people and then run for it. This means that its generally easier to live longer.

AOE's hit a lot of people once. Dots hit one person a lot, and since you can spam them, they can also hit many people many times.

I think that damage over time is far better for casters. But that's just me.

With Klangdon, my level 17 BW, I can usually come very close to being the highest DPS and a good amount of kills with the Dots I use. If I really want to burn someone down, I will use all of my dots on them, not just the quickest cast ones.

The bottom line is playstyle though.

Last edited:
Every scenerio seems to be kill based anyway. You get points for killing the the other faction, you get more points for killing the opposit faction if you hold some sort of artifiact. You get more points if you control some part of the map but those points are not kill based.

AoE distracts healers by causing lots of health bars to start moving. If you get 5 health bars moving while the mellee focus fire on one person, the chances of the healers noticing the focus fire is pretty slim. And even if they see the FF, the chances of taking one or two out with the FF increases or at least you drain healers AP and cause a general retreat.

That's true.

AOE is awesome for distracting healers.

Dots are the silent, deadly killers. You don't notice you are almost dead until it's to late!!! XD

Back