Set your calendar...

interesting... i think there is always an explanation for what happened in the bible. As you said, the 'chaplain' was just doing her routine check. so what? does God HAVE to show you things YOUR way? pulling things out of thin air? this is just a kinda rant, so you don't need to comment on this.

the video was pretty big. my players stopped to load like the last 2/10th's of it. i have dsl.
wow.gif

there's also a show on cnn today about faith, its a repeat from a few weeks ago but its pretty good.
One of the things I never understood was there was a little girl who said she was saved at the age or 3 or 6 somewhere around there. And I couldn't understand how she could understand the whole concept of Jesus and being saved at such a young age. When I was 6 I thought I was going to hell because I splashed holy water at a friend before morning mass.

Sry DV for going off topic.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([toj.cc]hescominsoon @ Nov. 14 2004,11:34)]Just another attempt to disprove the bible..yawn.
And by hiding your head in the sand, like your avatar, you won't ever have to worry about them!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mechboy @ Nov. 14 2004,1:17)]there's also a show on cnn today about faith, its a repeat from a few weeks ago but its pretty good.
One of the things I never understood was there was a little girl who said she was saved at the age or 3 or 6 somewhere around there. And I couldn't understand how she could understand the whole concept of Jesus and being saved at such a young age. When I was 6 I thought I was going to hell because I splashed holy water at a friend before morning mass.

Sry DV for going off topic.
smile.gif
That reminds me of an argument I had with Byblos when he claimed he was an atheist from birth.

How can a kid that young, as in your example, have ANY understanding of the topic, much less the cognitive capacity to make an informed decision.

yea. i mean, how can a kid understand? from Tim LaHaye's point of view, ALL the kids are going to be raptured (they simply CANNOT understand God's gift...) neither did I until um... i dunno when! within the past 2 years... but i was raised a christian and i applied it's moral issues... kidna strange. i agree with Tim Lahaye

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([toj.cc]hescominsoon @ Nov. 14 2004,4:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Nov. 14 2004,4:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ([toj.cc]hescominsoon @ Nov. 14 2004,11:34)]Just another attempt to disprove the bible..yawn.
And by hiding your head in the sand, like your avatar, you won't ever have to worry about them!

smile.gif
rofl...nopers i am not hiding my head in the sand...i have watched many a series on discovery channel and on the history channel..none of them had any true hard evidence to support their claims.
Now you're starting to sound like me talking about Christianity
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SilentAssassin @ Nov. 14 2004,4:52)]yea. i mean, how can a kid understand? from Tim LaHaye's point of view, ALL the kids are going to be raptured (they simply CANNOT understand God's gift...) neither did I until um... i dunno when! within the past 2 years... but i was raised a christian and i applied it's moral issues... kidna strange. i agree with Tim Lahaye
You ARE a kid
smile.gif

well... not THAT young.

added:
people my age have the choice of accpeting christ and KNOWING what they are doing.

Why?

You have been deemed by law that you aren't mature enough to drink, you aren't mature enough to smoke, you aren't mature enough to enter armed services and you aren't mature enough to vote.

Yet you believe you are mature enough, have enough knowledge and have accumulated enough wisdom to make THE most life-altering decision of your life?

Why?

Smoking, drinking, and entering the armed services are options that are given by man, and Law will not permit such a desicion, becoming a christian is a choice given by God

Thanks for missing the whole point
smile.gif

Why are those laws set for those ages?

MATURITY.

At 13, one lacks the maturity to smoke, drink, wage war or vote.

Now, my question still stands.

If one lacks the maturity for those things, why do you think a 13 year old has the maturity, knowledge and wisdom to make a choice about believing in God?

Well there are many who leave the church and christianity after they go to colledge, apparently, if you are not mature enough to make a wise choice, then when you become older, you can simply disregard what you once believed, when you smoke, you likely become addicted. When you likely drink, most thirteen year olds aren't physcically ready to be in the armed services. You forget to mention there are those who smoke and drink underage. Lastly being phisically mature and spiritually mature is two completely seperate issues.

Drinking and smoking underage is a prime example of a LACK of maturity, that only underscores my point.

You still have failed to answer why you think that a 13 year old has the maturity, intelligence and wisdom to make a decision like believing in a deity.

Of course they've chosen, I'm not arguing that point.

My point is whether they have the cognizant capacity, the intelligence and the wisdom to PROPERLY make that choice.

This is also why I am against baptizing babies. Let them decide on their own when they have the faculties to be able to do so PROPERLY. I think we can both agree that at 13, we really didn't know diddly squat about life, let alone about the supernatural.

but then, why do i understand everything in here? btw, how old are YOU guys... I am starting to feel isolated by age...

*eyes darting around*

I think I am the youngest person here... And you don't have to be old to have wisdom. not that i have wisdom, but look at umm... i think it's timothy he was thirty some. but people didn't think he had TRUE wisdom. thirty back then was considered too young to have gotten true wisdom.

I must say that preview looked more like the set of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings then a science documentry.

James Andrews makes it quite clear that he was more interesting in trying to make the special effects look real and to make this documentry feature picture quality.  Hardly anything a scientist would be interested in.

What was it James Andrew said:  Trying to achieve the authenticity and feature quality that we are trying to get.

That is a far cry from what any true scientist (freethinker) would say.  Wouldn't they say something like, we are trying to examine the evidence and put forth the facts so you can review them and make up your own mind as to what they mean.

It appears this production is oversensationalizing itself, maybe to hide something.  Maybe what was found wasn't really that compelling but, with some sugar and spice, a good majority of the population will overlook it all.

The Discovery channel has never made any attempt to make secret its wanting to advance humanism, forsaking science at all costs.  So, I will chalk this one up to another great Discovery Channel for entertainment purposes only production.

Back