servers?

failedshot

itd be nice to have a definitive list of the server ip's somewhere for everyone.... at least for me as i have been gone for a very long time

Ok bro here ya go....

Source = hescominsoon.dyndns.org:27020
CS 1.6 = hescominsoon.dyndns.org:27015

They are down right now... HCS is having firewall issues and the servers had to be sacraficed for the greater good. Namely $$$ :D

it was/id a heat issue. I should be able to get the machine back online tomorrow once things cool off a bit. I can keep the server ok up to about 90 degrees..it's hit over 100 the past two days and 90 plus days before that. It's going to cool down so i should be able to turn it back online in the next 24 hours.

also we are getting a server from gen's work..but i don't know anything about it other than it's a rackmount machine....:)

also we are getting a server from gen's work..but i don't know anything about it other than it's a rackmount machine....:)

WOW!!! COOL!!!! *happy dance*

Of course I don't know anything about it either...

Yet...

rackmount... YEAH BABY, that's the ticket.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

That is awesome news! Keep us posted.

Also, we need to make a note on the web page that in the event of high heat that the servers will be down...

Also, I think we need to come up with a schedule for upgrades/updates to the server. (i.e. Server is down every 4th Monday of the month from time X to time Y for server maintenance)

well depending on what this rackmount server is..i may need that..otherwise i do all of my server maintenance during the day when nobody's on..<G> If the server starts staying full all of the time then yes a maintenance schedule will be needed..:)

the server is a p-3 single cpu based machine. However this does open up some interesting possibilities. i'll turn this into a firewall or my file server. I think I'll be able to drop from 3 servers to two one way or another. I'll have to look at the machine to see what my options are..:)

Hey HCS, any news on the servers return?

Still toasty here. I have not had the time to resetup the firewall server yet(which is why the other servers are down). Once i have the time to rebuild the firewall server the GFC server will pop back onto the net..:)

My new firewall server is languishing in gen's workplace. hopefully i can rescue it tomorrow and we'll be back in business..<G>

both..i don't have much a/c in this house so when it gets hot outside the server gets hot inside..:)

How hot exactly?

When it got 35'C, it was very hot, a humidity of Hong Kong; equal to a sauna. :eek:

Though, my computer doesn't get hot as much, it has 3 fans; one 120mm, two 80mm.

It used to be very hot before the replacement of a video card, 67'C/152'F!

Back