Server Map Cycle

crazydrummer

Okay.....so i'm not trying to bring up a sore topic or anything.........but...

I've noticed that the map cycle on the server doesn't change much. We're always playing the same 4 or 5 maps it feels like. It could be that I'm on about the same time everyday. So here's a couple questions for the admins and plank:

Is it possible that we can throw some more maps in there?

Is it possible to lower the percentage of people required to change a map by using the voting procedure before each map ends? The way its set up now almost the entire server has to agree. I understand that, but often times no one wants to go to the next map or its been played so much....yeah

Thanks for listenin' (I guess i should say readin' shouldn't I?)

aztec, dust2, dust, militia, chateau, aztec, other random maps... and so on. i think that is a good map cycle. GO AZTEC (no awp fests):angry:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]aztec, dust2, dust, militia, chateau, aztec,

You must LOVE aztec, Frag Boy!.

ToJ could copy it from TribForce's map cycles. After about 20 mins, it gives a 1-5 choice of maps to pick for the next round, and when its done, automatically goes for the voted map choice. Then again, people prefer 'their way'.

i have to agree with crazydrummer on this....when ever i am on the server we always play dust, dust2, train, prodigy, chatue, and aztec.....i was very surprised to come onto the server one day to find that we were playing on assualt =O i have yet to see that map again sence =( either we need more maps or we need to stop going to the same maps over and over again.....get some awp maps =P

i forgot about office and italy...we play those too =P

YEA GET MORE MAPS!!! STOP PLAYING: ITALY, DUST2, PRODIGY, TRAIN. still play dust 2 but add a bit more, cause i am ALWAYS PLAYING with these maps and i am dying of boredom:O
wow.gif
wow.gif
and that's just not cool
blues.gif

why not give specific map names and links to them, not custom maps, but rather a real map and all with objectives, rats and so forth i doubt will be put on.

You ask for change but do not want to do any of the work other than typing it out, find balanced maps that are fun and submit a link to the forums so the powers that be could maybe test them out.

listen to the LoJ. When we see threads like this, all we see is requests for new maps. Unfortunately, there's not a single CS admin who has enough time in their day as it is, none of us have the time needed to go hunt down new maps for the server.

That's what ya'll are for. If you want to see a different map on the server, get us a link to it, and make sure it's a valid, WORKING link.

Any posts asking for new maps, without a valid working link are and will continue to be ignored.

I'll add one more thing. Find links to the actual files and not through download scripts. IE

http://www.goodserver.com/maps/de_aztec3.zip

or

ftp://www.goodserver.com/maps/de_aztec3.zip

are great. But links like these:

http://www.badserver.com/files/download.php?file=123456789

are EVIIIIIIIL and are a great deal of headache having to register on their site, download the file, upload it to the server and unpack it. While with the other type of link stated above, I can have the server get and unzip the file itself with little intervention on my part.

Our server is a linux server so files with the extensions ZIP, TAR, GZ, BZ2 and RAR are all fine.

Plank, can you put the current cycle up here so we know what we have?

On another note, I don't mind going and looking for new maps, I just need to know which ones we have...i know how to get them from console but i'm pretty sure not all of those are on the cycle. (that and i've been really busy the past week)

MapCycle:

de_aztec
de_dust2
de_cbble
cs_office
de_dust
de_prodigy
de_inferno
cs_italy
de_dust2
de_train
de_chateau

Maps Available:

as_oilrig.bsp
cs_747.bsp
cs_assault.bsp
cs_backalley.bsp
cs_deagle5.bsp
cs_estate.bsp
cs_havana.bsp
cs_italy.bsp
cs_militia.bsp
cs_office.bsp
cs_prospeedball.bsp
cs_siege.bsp
cs_tdspeedball.bsp
de_airstrip.bsp
de_aztec.bsp
de_cbble.bsp
de_chateau.bsp
de_clan1_mill.bsp
de_cpl_mill.bsp
de_dust.bsp
de_dust2.bsp
de_inferno.bsp
de_nuke.bsp
de_piranesi.bsp
de_prodigy.bsp
de_storm.bsp
de_survivor.bsp
de_torn.bsp
de_train.bsp
de_vertigo.bsp
he_dodgeball2.bsp
scoutzknivez.bsp

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Aug. 19 2004,12:10)]link for walmart

add office and scouts and estate plz those i like
Please read my message about the types of links I am looking for. I am looking for links right to the files, not through download managers.

I am beating a dead horse on this.  Again, if you do not provide a link directly to the physical file, it will not even be considered.  Need physical links.  Remember, download scripts are EVIIIIIIL.  Just to reinforce this, everyone repeat this with me three times:

Download scripts are EVIIIIIL

wink.gif

I thank you guys for finding the maps but I don't want you hard work to go to waste because you provide the wrong type of link.

So what are u trying to say

j/k

Ok I'll repeat with u.

I'll go and try to fing direct links.:)

Back