SERIOUSLY BAD!!

Bijou

Banned
Okay Tek... Today was BAD! Seriously! There is a full 20 person count in the toj server which is fantastic but... Only 2 or 3 of us were christian, and there was TONS of griefing going on by non christians... Like, really really badly. One person said: "You know, black people are immoral. Really. God says so in the bible." And another was named personal_jesus with a pentagram as his avatar... Another was named throwig p*ss for christ, and there was a TON of swearing going on... All the while the only two admins for the server online in steam were not responding. Not cool!

Zoey, I'm not sure who you tried to contact to handle the situation and do apologize on behalf of the other admins who were unavailable to help a fellow member out. Some information that we need from you in order to make sure those players do not do this again on our server are as follows:

What map were you on when it happened?
What time did the incident occur?
Who did you try to contact and how?
What were the players names that were causing the issues?
Did you happen to take any screenshots?

Knowing this stuff will make it that much easier to narrow things down and get these players permannantly banned from our server.

Bakey and the TF2 admins will be discussing a way in which to monitor the server more closely for issues like this that may arise. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Okay Tek... Today was BAD! Seriously! There is a full 20 person count in the toj server which is fantastic but... Only 2 or 3 of us were christian, and there was TONS of griefing going on by non christians... Like, really really badly.
Whenever this happens, note the date, time, and names of offending players.

For the more technically inclined, pull up the in-game console, type "status" (minus quotes), hit enter, and write down the offending players' Steam IDs.

Report these to the admins and someone with FTP access to the server can check the logs, verify the offenses, and ban the players even after they've left the server.

One person said: "You know, black people are immoral. Really. God says so in the bible."
I couldn't find this line in the chat logs.

And another was named personal_jesus with a pentagram as his avatar...
personal_jesus has been permanently banned from the server, along with two other players who violated server rules.
Another was named throwig p*ss for christ
I couldn't find this user in the chat logs.

I was playing there also, and saw swearing, and I am new to TF2 and that whole thing, I thought only ToJ members could get into our server...but I guess I was wrong...really caught me off guard...

Did you also ban xjiro and fps_andy?
xjiro, yes. fps_andy, no.

I was playing there also, and saw swearing, and I am new to TF2 and that whole thing, I thought only ToJ members could get into our server...but I guess I was wrong...really caught me off guard...
Nope, any TF2 player can join the server. It just usually follows that any griefers get the boot pretty quickly.

This was just one of those rare instances when no admins were around to ban people who deserved it.

only reason I didn't ban andy was that he may have been annoying, to my personal knowledge he was not disobeying the rules. This is starting to feel like the old CS server :( Hope the grief'ers leave our server alone soon

only reason I didn't ban andy was that he may have been annoying, to my personal knowledge he was not disobeying the rules. This is starting to feel like the old CS server :( Hope the grief'ers leave our server alone soon

If we make a habit of quickly banning those that are troublemakers, word will get around not to even bother in our server. ;)

If we make a habit of quickly banning those that are troublemakers, word will get around not to even bother in our server. ;)
That's one possibility.

Another is that I'll earn fame as The Quickest Draw (On the Banhammer) West of the East.

Yes, please do that.

I'm serious.

This is our server, and I joined ToJ, play on our servers, donate my money, etc. to frankly avoid all this garbage.

Non-members on our servers are like new guests at our house. Sure we need to be courteous hosts, but as guests they need to show respect and gratitude. If they don't, throw 'em out so we can keep the right people on our servers.

Griefers will always try to keep pushing the limits of our rules, if we let them, and that is inherently disrespectful behavior to the ToJ leadership.

Yes, please do that.

I'm serious.

This is our server, and I joined ToJ, play on our servers, donate my money, etc. to frankly avoid all this garbage.

Non-members on our servers are like new guests at our house. Sure we need to be courteous hosts, but as guests they need to show respect and gratitude. If they don't, throw 'em out so we can keep the right people on our servers.

Griefers will always try to keep pushing the limits of our rules, if we let them, and that is inherently disrespectful behavior to the ToJ leadership.

I agree about not having garbage talking players in the servers. They should at least respect our server rules , if they don't stop after bringing it to their attention. Give em teh boot. Some do try to stop and they usually apologize. These players I am a little more lenient with but they still might get teh elboot-o

With the increase in TF2 activity due to the recent update, I think this might continue for awhile.

I completely agree with whon, this reminds me of the CS days when if you were an admin you spent more time warning/kicking/banning then actually playing. Friday night was crazy... there was 2 or 3 admins and we were continually warning & kicking.

The one thing I would mention is that its still important, admin or not, is that we are still respectful to anyone who plays on our server. If they ignore the warnings, then they will face the consequences, but I've learned that "stirring the pot" doesn't help anyone, and in most cases can actually make the entire situation worse and can be a negative testimony.

Is there a way we can setup an admin request line that sends text messages to a group of admins?

Back