Seeking new color Half-Life logos

G

Greetings again, all! Your next assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to create new color sprays for Half-Life. Many of you have already done this and are familiar with the format of said sprays.

In case you're not familiar with such details, here they are:

- Each dimension has to be a multiple of 16
- The are may not exceeed 10,752 pixels square
- In order to load your logo using the super-nifty Half-Life Color Spray Manager, the image will need to be in 8-bit BMP format with its last color (#255) set to perfect blue. I personally use this system, as it makes previewing and switching sprays sooo~ much more convenient than the manual process.

If you need more information on creating color sprays, you might check out this tutorial site or this article.

Now, if you want to ZIP up the WAD or BMP files (whichever format you prefer to use) and send them to me, feel free. The file shouldn't be more than 20K, so it'll be easy even on my piddly connection.

That's all for now! *salutes*

Oh, by the way, my Half-Life color sprays logos (which I think are rather spiffy) are located at http://www.toj.cc/members/tek7/sprays/

You'll need Half-Life Color Spray Manager to load them, but fear not! You need not experience the crapulence of FilePlanet to download this wonderful utility. The program's author has given me permission to upload it to the web site, sooo~ you can download it here. w00t!

It would be nice to see some of you using ToJ sprays while in-game...at least, until you all come up with better ones.
smile.gif

Feel free to rip my toj wallpapers for sprays. I would do it myself but i dont have time. also all my sprays seem to come out in b/w no matter what program i use o_O

Ok i made two sprays and have calmed the workaholic in me for a while...

here they are... (in BMP format someone can make the WADs for me
rock.gif
?)

Decal 1 Bmp Based on my Toj-general wallpaper.
Decal 2 Bmp Based on my Toj-CS wallpaper.

RIZZ! ITS IN MONOTONE BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE THE LAST COLOR AS TRUE BLUE!!!! Let me explain. I am going to assume you use wally to make wads. Just do what you did b4, but when in wally change the bottom right color (most likely its true white right now, in that case, i suggest changing all your true white pixels to 1 color off white, i.e., B-255 R-255 G254) to true blue, or B-255 R-000 G-000.

It should be easy to find the color palette editor, just bring up your img as if you were going to edit it in wally (double click on it i think) and click on "color" (or something similar) on the top bar. Color palette (or something similar) should be there. Just follow the instructions and you should be all set!

Ix

NOTE: leaving things in true blue on the spray will make them totally transparent. Make sure you change all your blue pixels to at least 1 color off of true blue. or B-254 or something like it. Unless you want something to be see-thru.
biggrin.gif
ooo, an invisible spray. Coooool.

Only two problems with Rizz's otherwise super-nifty sprays:

1 - The image was not set to 8-bit (256 color) mode.
2 - The last color in the palette was not set to perfect blue.

I've fixed them and e-mailed them to you Rizz, so enjoy.
smile.gif

rgr thanx for that i will upload the new BMP's tek sent so u can all make them into WADs for your personal enjoyment..

The links above should be the new BMP's now

Bah, YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO DO IT YOURSELF RIZZ! TEK WONT ALWAYS BE THERE YOU KNOW! lol.
biggrin.gif

Ix

Muahah i finally worked it out... geesh im so used to doing high res stuff i couldnt save an 8-bit BMP in Photoshop... lol

Combined with my discovery of the Wally wizard for HL decals i can now do it...

blues.gif

Back