Scripture request

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Hi,

I'm looking for a certain scripture verse where it is said (I believe Jesus says it) that if you ever take up a responsibility from another person you cannot complete to go and humble yourself before them, and to ask that the responsibility be taken from you so that you are no longer up to the task to complete and finish it.

I believe it's in Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, but I may have picked it up from Proverbs.

Specifically, I remember the verse mentioning something along the lines of helping a neighbor build a fence, and then humbling yourself and going to the neighbor saying that you can no longer help build it.

lol - well, all of a sudden I feel very embarrased lol.

Maybe it wasn't even in the Bible :s ; I'll keep looking though.

edit: I've read parts of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, and I still haven't come across what I was looking for. I did see a paragraph titled Oaths, but that was not it. I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Ok, I was way off; but I did find what I was looking for.

Just in case you're curious, I found it in Proverbs 6.1-4 where it says, "My son, if you have put up security for your neighbor, if you have struck hands in pledge for another, if you have been trapped by what you said, ensnared by the words of your mouth, then do this, my son, to free yourself, since you have fallen into your neighbor's hands: Go and humble yourself; press your plea with your neighbor!"

Back