Satan's doom averted...?

*shakes head in pity* well, I'll guess that you and I shall just be parting ways when we die. I'll be off to heaven with my savior, you'll be off to Hell with your tormentor...that's very sad, especially considering that this is coming from the guy who got his Phd. at Oxford or wherever...very sad *keeps shaking head*

As for your argument, well, you can't hunt a demon. You can try and find ppl who are inhabbited BY demons but finding a demon itself...not possible because they do not lie on the same plane of existence that we lie upon. And those who would "supposedly" be on our side (those doing the inquisition weren't actually true christians for a bunch of reasons I;m not going to get into), wouldn't have a clue about the study of demons because they would be keeping themselves pure by seperating themselves from the demons and their influences.

For certain we'll be parting company at death - I don't know WHERE you'll be going, I guess that's between you and your God, but I'll be going to the hall of ancestors, thank you very much, where I'll rejoin my kith and kin.

Either that or Valhalla, but the odds are it'll be the Hall of Ancestors...

Eon

*And I wouldn't want to pretend to a level of education I don't have. No degree for Eon, for various reasons*

He had an Oxford university professor of 20 years Shadow.
The shaking of the head Shadow, I feel, is moot. We are firmly esconced in our beliefs, Eon in his, and we in ours. We believe we shall part to God and he to Hell unless he repents of his unbelief and come to knowledge that he, in the eyes of God, is a sinner. However, he views that as long as he continues his noble life up, he shall enter with his Nordic ancestors into their particular hall. I wonder if Beowulf will say hey, Eon. That is Eon's belief.
This is our's. We cannot make him change, and it is pointless, I feel, to try and try again in a vain attempt to overcome his faith.
And hey, at least he has faith in his belief, a faith unshaken. That's comparable to us, or at least, to me. My faith remains unshaken. I shall continue to believe in my God forever. And as Paul said, if we are mistaken, we are the most pitiful of men. But if I can live a life that pleases me in my obedience to laws that make sense to me and my soul, then that is for me. Should Eon continue in his beliefs that is his prerogative. However, we can always continue to try and witness to each other until one is touched by the beliefs of the others and perhaps changes. Who knows...maybe we'll all be overtaken by the faith of the Norse. Doubtful, but then who's to say Eon will be overtaken by the faith of the Christian?
Jerry Falwell, here I come.

Heh, I'd rather go to Hell than recant and end up sharing heaven with Jerry Fallwell...
smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words, Ultima - they are the reason I am here - to try and foster acceptance and understanding between our different beliefs. As much as you guys fear the Tribulations, people like me fear a return to the Burning Times - and that is something I see as more likely than a universal persecution of Christian's.

Eon

Oh hehe. I meant that I was going to be on Falwell's Prayer List for help. Joke. Like being sent to the 700 CLub for prayer assistance. I don't appreciate or condone stuff like that.
That's a tad extreme my friend Eon. Choose eternal ####ation over spending eternity in heaven with God and sharing it with a man whom I'm suspicious of? That is a very poor reason to withold yourself from God.
I'm not going to say your religion is right, and I know you shall never say ours is. I believe mine, and Christianity is becoming more of a passing fad than anything else. Much as I despise that, I will not let go of my faith. I won't accept your religion, but again, we must live with each other. I will try and continue to try and show you the Truth of God, and I won't give up. You most likely, I expect, will continue to reject it, thus spurring us to continue. I understand your beliefs, and I love the Norse mythos, but to me that is all it is: an enjoyable story as the Odyssey or the Aeneid. You most likely view our Bible as that as well. I can't stop that, and you can't stop mine. But all we can continue to do is strive to show each other what we believe, you to encourage understanding and acceptance (in my eyes, idleness and surrealness on the Christians' parts) of other religions, and we shall continue to show you what our Truth is and pray that you accept it.

Well, you know what Groucho Marx said about not wanting to be a member of any club that would accept people like him? Well, I wouldn't want to be a member of any society that accepted Jerry Fallwell... <chuckles>

Eon

Poor Jerry
wink.gif

Shadow and Ultima, remember, we ourselves cannot show anyone the light of salvation - the Holy Spirit alone, working in a man, calling him to repentance, does that. That is what we must pray for. Don't just say "Oh well, I'll be in Heaven and you'll be burning in Hell, nannynanny" And also don't concede that "Oh, well, we all have different beliefs, but hey, let's just live together in peace." We will be called to give account for others' souls if we take that approach, my freinds in Christ, and I certainly don't want to be blameable!

rofl, you're right, i just felt a need to repeat it with less sugar-coating
tounge.gif
nah you're right hehe

use a metal hammer !

cripsy cats

I'd have to say that it's not that Satan couldn't ask for forgiveness. But that he is a slave to his own nature, and he will not. We know that because we know his final destination. Pondering "what if" on this is like pondering "what if" you had never been born. You were. And he will meet his doom at the second death.

He acts consistantly with his nature.

According to his programming, you mean?

That's what nature without freewill amounts to...

Eon

So, say Satan had the option of doing anything he wanted. What would he do? That which is in line with his character. It's not programming, it's cause and effect. Trees grow roots into the soil seeking nurishment - it is their nature.

But the point is, as I said, entirely moot. "What if" Bilbo never found the one ring. "What if" it was never cut from Sauron's hand? It was. And (for those of us who have read the books) the destination of the one ring is already known. To God (as well as to us) the destination of Satan is known.

Why did he do it?! We ask. Because it is in his nature to do it.

Back