Sapphiron Down

For some reason when I made the movie with Windows movie maker the quality went down a LOT. Anyone know a better way to keep the original quality?

For some reason when I made the movie with Windows movie maker the quality went down a LOT. Anyone know a better way to keep the original quality?

You want to save to your computer and use a setting with the highest bit rate. DV-AVI (NTSC) I think is the highest on Windows Movie Maker but it interlaces it for TV. It will also produce a large file that you would still need to encode. I would try the High quality video (large) setting. Also, it looks like you might have a widescreen resolution but you were outputting from MovieMaker in standard definition. Go to Tools > Options > Advanced Tab and change the Aspect Ration to 16:9.

You lose a lot of control on the final output of Windows Movie Maker compared to professional video editing software.

Here is a quick sample I put together using the High Quality Video settings.

Whitelion AOE Sample (14 MB wmv)

You can see the difference from the source which for 50 seconds of video is 1GB compared to the moviemaker output at 14MB even at high quality.

Kaylynne_AOE_Comparison.png

Last edited:
I use Sony's Vegas product...129 and is substantially better and gives you more control than Adobe's "home" version of premier (elements). The only limitation is some track editing.

The only sort of lousy limitation on this version is that you only get so many video tracks which means you have to do some interesting tricks with text to get what you want. I'll likely be moving to the full version of premiere now that I enjoy student pricing :)

You have pretty much full control over how it looks in the end, so it's pretty good stuff.

Sample:

http://fileuploadedout.filefront.com/1232210376-c0d72c8c82b56c7abb3587655a4f883c//

(making videos of all of heroic naxx + malygos before xferring)

Nice Plankeye song Sandric!

nobody's named my music so far.

I've downloaded a trial version of Sony Vegas... I'll see what I can do with that.
Thanks for all the help.

*Edit* Wow Sony Vegas seems a little confusing and probably too much for what I wanted.

Last edited:
Wow, watching this video again I realalize I look like a big NOOB. I get hit by tail swipes over and over. At least we won rite? lol

Wow, watching this video again I realalize I look like a big NOOB. I get hit by tail swipes over and over. At least we won rite? lol

walk *through* the belly

haven't looked at it yet, but easiest just to keep everyone on one side and clumped up until the cold breaths or whatever hits...makes healing and decursing much easier

orr you can use a mac!
actually i havent looked at my video tools at all yet so haha
i have used windows movie maker for a project and that was a lot of fun

Back