S.O.S !!! CS 1.6 Problem

He is from MARS.

Here he is when he first got to our planet with his cousin sven. He He He
martians.jpg

Last edited:
I have certainly enjoyed meeting and playing with y'all on server. I still have a long road to go to learn the game, hehe.

There a lot of stuff I still dont understand like the terminolgy. Thanks to some of u who take a few secs between shots to expalin to me what each thing means. Here are some of the questions and doubts that I have.

*I hear a lot about hacking. Wunder how the game is hacked. What I mean is how do you know when some one is hacking and exactly what is it thats being hacked. In Unreal1 it was issues with bots, using map bugs, keybinds,dos attacks and stuff like that but this is a totally different game.

*I also wonder if personlized skins can be uploaded and used in server, if you can set keybinds like to say *hello* or *goodshot* ect, ect. How

*Can maps, mods, server files be downloaded to make game load faster.

*Can PMs be sent while in server.

*Is there such a thing as typekill or spawnkill.

*I have heard about banning, cd keys being unvalid, How can I protect my account,cd keys. In other words how can I be sure I can always play my game online. I paid for it Online in the steamsite but still unsure about it.

Well as you can see I have a lot of questions about the game. If there are links or some type of an FAQ please let me know. In the meanwhile...you ready to........*FEEL THE FULL POWER OF THE SAUCE!?!?*

-hacking just means someone is cheating. you can't *always* tell if someone is cheating or not. then there are other times where it's blatantly obvious. but there are some times where someone is yelling "hacker!", yet the person is just really good.

-there are personalized skins you can use, but ONLY if the server has them installed as well. most servers will just have the default skins. as for binds, yes, you can bind, say, the letter "H" to say "good shot" by typing this in your config.cfg file: bind "H" "say good shot!"

-you can go to websites that host maps for CS if you don't have it already, to make the game load faster. but most of the servers out there play the default maps, which you already have. so if it's loading slow, it will more than likely always be slow.

-well, there's this thing called "Friends". it's kinda like xfire, but built within Steam. if you have buddies on that Friends list, then yes, you can PM them, otherwise, no, you can't PM people that you're playing with unless they are on your Friends list.

-typekill and spawnkill are kinda two different things in CS. typekill, i guess, can be acheived by dropping the console, "~" button, then typing "kill" and hitting enter - you instantly die. spawnkill is on certain maps where as soon as you spawn, someone from the other team has a line of sight on you, and instantly kills you. you can also world kill, which means you can fall from a high building or go out of the maps bounds and die instantly

-i don't know of a way you can protect your account. just pray no one randomly picks your cd key with a generator. Steam has made some adjustments for this situation though. i'm pretty sure that if someone does steal it, you're allowed to have 2-3 active computers with the same key at the same time. but if you can't log on for some reason, Steam support, i heard, is pretty good about getting your account all straightened out.

Let us know if you have more questions.

Wow:eek: THANK YOU FOR THAT QUICK ASNWER, thanks man. Im sure I will have more as time goes on but I really apreciate clearing some stuff for me.

As for a type kill, I meant gettin killed while typing. Which I see happens a lot. If thats an ok thing I have no problem with it. Just wondered. Thanks again for answering my questions. I do have one other,, u happen to know who will win the next WS or SB? ;)

as for binds, yes, you can bind, say, the letter "H" to say "good shot" by typing this in your config.cfg file: bind "H" "say good shot!"

No wonder swearers type so quick, heh.

spawnkill is on certain maps where as soon as you spawn, someone from the other team has a line of sight on you, and instantly kills you.

Spawn-kill are instant on most Deathmatch maps or very small maps like fy_pool and fy_iceworld.

Though, when an admin tells you to not spawn-kill, DON'T SPAWN-KILL!

whoa did I just see goose post in cs forums for toj wow quick let me take a screenie

I'm going to be the one taking the screenie, if you ever reply back to one of my PMs :|

As for the type killing, nobody can tell if you're typing, so if that's they way you die, oh well.

Back