S.O.S !!! CS 1.6 Problem

GoodOleTaco

Hello friends. Well..I have been trying to get into the CS thing for a while but cant seem to know how. I have an old version of CS which tells me something like "ur executable is out of date" Then I DLd CS 1.6 and Steam..NOTHING! :( When I hit the CS icon it opens up steam, takes me to the home page and tells me how much game is and if I want to buy. hehe. I thought CS 1.6 was free.

Finally gave up on Saturday. Maybe the game is not for me but...since so many peeps play it..Well, I WANNAAAAA TOOO :( :eek: :rolleyes: ;) hE hE hE.

Maybe something im doing wrong. Can someone help me out. Thank you And GBU!!

HELLO?

Hello friends. Well..I have been trying to get into the CS thing for a while but cant seem to know how. I have an old version of CS which tells me something like "ur executable is out of date" Then I DLd CS 1.6 and Steam..NOTHING! :( When I hit the CS icon it opens up steam, takes me to the home page and tells me how much game is and if I want to buy. hehe. I thought CS 1.6 was free.

Finally gave up on Saturday. Maybe the game is not for me but...since so many peeps play it..Well, I WANNAAAAA TOOO :( :eek: :rolleyes: ;) hE hE hE.

Maybe something im doing wrong. Can someone help me out. Thank you And GBU!!

srry i saw this but didt have time. alright with steam u need to verify or register your copy. CS is free if you bought HL. so in steam there should be a spot u can enter in your serial number or cd key and play CS 1.6.

You should be able to play CS online. Make sure the updates are all applied. It may need to download all the updates to 100% then it should be able to play online.
I have Half Life 2 so i'm not for sure about just CS instead of CS1.6 i they are the same. It just shows up as Counter Stike in my Steam Window. Then when I play its says CS1.6 . Good luck, cya in a game soon I hope,CS

srry i saw this but didt have time. alright with steam u need to verify or register your copy. CS is free if you bought HL. so in steam there should be a spot u can enter in your serial number or cd key and play CS 1.6.

I do not have HL. Googled CS 1.6 and just download CS 1.6 + Steam.

I did find a patch called CS 1.6 non-steam but not sure about that. If its an official patch or what. I installed it and CS now does run but when I try to get into servers I get several messages like "Ur so and so map is not the same as..., Invalid CD key..." In the DL instrucions it did not say I needed HL or that I was going to be asked a CD Key.

I hate it that in Mexico we cannot get many of the games that are so popular. When you do, they are like twice the price.

I will keep on trying to get the game running and go online. Cant wait, hehe.

Thanks friends!

alright the deal with cs 1.6 is its free..... but u have to have bought Half life...... its a free mod to it that u can use through steam only after you have entered in the cd key from the half life box. if your able to use ebay i suggest picking up a cd key there or buy half life for 1.6

Oh NOOOO a loose taco with a gun. cya in a game soon, CS

Rotfl! u should see me in Unreal1 Dm..he he he:D Well it happened this way. I was sitting at the 'puter thinking..I really, reallt. REALLY! want to play that game. Wife comes in and says "Can u check the status of my Mary Kay order online..Im like..hmmm. Wife has that nice credit card. :D so I says. "Honey, sweety, darling, ect, ect, can Borrow 10 bucks...plus tax. she says.."OK" :eek: :eek: :eek: sO I says, let me borrow ur credit card. LoL
So got CS, CS Condition Zero and deleted scenes. I was able to get into a server yesterday, but it was awefull, It was a server in my own city but people were jerks, lots of foul language, very offensive. Poor Noob Taco. :(

He He He. Really looking forward to learning the game and playing with my TOJ brethren. Please let me know when u guys play. Im on PST time so could be kinda hard since most are on EST.

Hasta la vista and "Be ready to feel the Full POWER of the....SAUCE!!" Muhahahaha :eek:
F03-3400100-1100bg.jpg

I play sometimes cs 1.6 but most cs:z in a DM mod and that means no buying guns you only need take your favorite guns at a list and use it in the map and you can also change them :D

Game some one said game ah time and place ak or deag at the ready hehehe and I die easy hehehehe come find out hahahahaha.P.s most play after 7ish central and for me 9ish is bed time for kiddo's and me cause I get noisy. Unless its a weekend then who knows>

Was in server with missionary, kicked my behind, hehe, but Taco Noob will get the hang of it. cant wait to play with yall!

Got my 1st 2 KILLS!! wooohooooo. He He. Was with Coldsteele for a bit. then he had to leave. Was pretty fun, but then....:( Foul language got real real bad. So I just packed it in for the night.

hehehem awesome, hope to see u on the toj soon, school been crazyness

but then.... Foul language got real real bad.

Yep, some people can't seem to NOT press their all-chat key and type their foul words.

I can barely type a whole sentence after I've been killed.

What country are you from, Missionary2001?

Interesting language you got there since there isn't a lot of people outside of America.

Back