rules are made to be broken

exodus

just some things I have seen recently that we all need to be aware of. these are not suggestions, these are the rules of the server and as a ToJ member, you should be abiding by these rules, not seeing how close you can get to breaking them.

this is not a complete list of rules, just the things I have seen members struggling with recently. there is a zero-tolerance policy for breaking rules 1 or 2.

1] do not accusing others of hacking, even if you are joking. sarcasm is hard to pick up in text, and if you do it, others will too.

2] do not bash, condemn or judge other players, even if you are joking. this includes but is not exclusive to, name-calling, belittling, mocking, and general obnoxious behavior. our server should be a 'refuge' from all that garbage, and we need to be salt & light while we are there. this cannot be stressed enough. players leave our server and our community because of the immature behavoir of some players. please police yourself carefully on what you type/say.

now the next two aren't hard & fast rules, just suggestions to make our server as player friendly as possible.

3] do not feel the need to admin when there is an admin present. its much easier to control a player when one person is the one making requests. if an admin does not see a violation of the rules, please bring it to the admin's attention so he can deal with it.

4] do not whine. enough said.

if a player is violating our rules and no admin is present, simply go to console, type 'status' then type 'condump' and send the transcript to elite@toj.cc the condump can be found in your cstrike directory.

lets make our server one of the most desired places to be in the CS world.

it's best to do one of two things...

if there is no admin... get a demo/condump/screenshot and send them to elite so it may be handled by an admin.

if there is an admin simply suggest (discretly) for the admin to please watch soandso.

if you publicly bast "He's hacking" and he actually is it's more then likely that they will toggle the hack off and the demo/admin won't find the cheat nearly as easy.

Of course I speak in my opinion and not for all admins.

I agree with Whon - blatantly screaming "bloody hacker" will alert the person and we won't be able to properly assess if he/she is actually cheating.

can we say stuff like "man i suck today" or somethin??

Back