Ruby Sanctum; any TF interested?

Jethiel

I joined a group last week that was going to RS 25 but they fell apart shortly after the first mob. From the first look the instance appears quite difficult. It is not just a typical "tank and spank" even for the garbage mobs. I've been trying to do some research and watching of tankspot videos and just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in trying a 10 man of this instance. I can't even honestly say that my 5.5 gs mage would be suitable as people are rating this run as on par with LK, with gear in heroic mode considered end game until Cataclysm hits (lvl 284) http://www.wowwiki.com/Ruby_Sanctum

Just assume to put your best character's foot forward.

I love a challenge; who's with me? :)

I went in a 10 RS group the first week it came out and (after wipe after wipe after wipe) got to Halion P2 where our progress stalled. I wouldn't mind going back in there but I've been pretty much waiting for Christine and I to be able to raid again together before going in with a group. :)

I've completed RS on my Shaman as resto and it is quite a hard place. I would definitely be interested though on my mage :)

I went in a 10 RS group the first week it came out and (after wipe after wipe after wipe) got to Halion P2 where our progress stalled. I wouldn't mind going back in there but I've been pretty much waiting for Christine and I to be able to raid again together before going in with a group. :)

So do you mind me asking when you think that may happen? I am not in a hurry to get this ball rolling but I think we might be able to drum up a team of 10 - plus the longer we wait to form is just better opportunity to gear up and learn the fights better :)

If everything goes correctly, Christine will be meeting with the lawyers and signing the paperwork tomorrow, which would mean I am flying out this Friday for a meandering road trip back to Indiana. So, possibly as soon as two weeks from now, as far as who knows when. :S

Sitting at Halion..got to phase 3 15%..both our tanks d/cd and it will be interesting to see if they come back..I sure hope so cuz I;d like to get him (her?) down!!

Did they come back? How was the fight Anita? The tankspot video for Halion makes it look really cool.

Fight was fun...tanks didn;t come back but they are hoping to extend it to Sunday

I am guessing that your group wasn't able to reassemble? I think I will try to jump into RS this coming weekend - I'm working out of town for Wednesday to Friday so that will be my only good chance to find a group. Seems like the minimum gs is higher to get in than ICC. But I think it is a little misleading. ICC starts quite a bit easier than RS but because RS is a lot smaller it is probably more comparable to ICC 9/12 to 12/12. From what I can tell it seems groups are asking 5.4ish gs? Any others that can confirm or correct this?

RS is tough. The 1st miniboss may be the hardest. Golias is 5800gs and would like to go. If you need heals instead Elizier is 5780gs and can go. Healing the 1st miniboss is hard. I think a resto paladin may be a good choice for that part.

RS is tough. The 1st miniboss may be the hardest.

I have now run RS a couple of times and made it to Halion without success in taking him down. I will be posting an in game event for Saturday morning for those who are interested - 9 a.m. MST. I am not a snob but will sound like it by saying we do need 5.4k gs minimum to participate. It is quite a hard instance and I would like to do it as a powerful team that has a bit of wiggle room on error so that once we know the fight we can either do it with lower toons or be able to teach others how to run it.

I love this thread in Tankspot on the Halion fight:

Tankspot Video and written strategy on Halion

Please also read up on the whole Ruby Sanctum raid because it is not just 'common garbage clearing'. A good thread for the trash clearing and mini bosses is here

Please post in this thread which character/role you would like to bring. If you have experience in RS already then please post as well.

For those that don't have characters up to this level yet please take into consideration that I am hoping more TF learn these fights and it will be easier to get into an "all TF RS run" in the future because of the willingness of some to learn and teach this. If not then we shall have a fish slapping dance-off!

I will be obviously bringing Jethiel - 5927 gs Arcane Mage for dps - Needing 2 tanks, 3 heals, 4 more dps (2 more ranged, 2 melee is ideal)

Last edited:
Back