Rotscale and the Rotwing Recurve Bow

Dauntless

http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Rotscale

With the release of the new green items Rotscale has been updated and now drops the unique skinned +5 energy Rotwing Recurve Bow. This thing is worth roughly 45k an is slowly declining. I think it would be in our best interest to farm this as much as we can before the price dives heavily.

Both Rotscale and the Rotting dragons drop the bow. Out of countless runs I've only seen teh bow drop twice, the second time for me. And that was the only time I've witnessed him die.

Now rotscale and his undead horde are probably one of the hardest groups in the game to beat, no joke. Bonding simply will not work as Rotscale and the Rotting dragons all use Desecrate Enchantments which causes massive spike damage. Oh yea his deathly swarm deals about 230 damage to my monk so thats something to watch out for.

Hexes cast on him last only 1/3 of their actual duration and he also casts twice as fast as the normal necro.

We will need a full 8 man team so here is what I propose:
1 Warrior stances to tank. The warrior should'nt have much in his weapon attribute as they won't do much damage. The purpose of the warrior is to take agro, that is all. Warrior should however have a cold damage weapon for spinal shivers. Also should be a warrior/necro and bring Grenth's Balance.
2 Heal monks. Do NOT bring any enchants.
1 SS Necro.
2 Elementalist's to nuke.
1 Blood necro with Blood is Power and Blood Ritual to keep the monks and ele's going.
1 Mesmer with interrupts.

When we start out we leave from Temple of the Ages. The warrior will run to Talmark Wilderness and then to Majesty's Rest. Once in Majesty's Rest the group fights only a few mobs then we get to Rotscale. Then we hope there was a good spawn. Ideally Rotscale and his Rotting dragons will be on one side and the undead bowman and horseman will be on the other but it's okay if that's not the case. When we get up to the bridge we gotta take out the 4 Wraiths first. After that the nukers should nuke one side at a time until all that remains on the platform is Rotscale. Hopefully one of the Rotting Dragon's will have dropped a Bow. Now as soon as someone touches the stairs 4 smoke phantoms will appear behind us on the other side of the bridge. Now all that remains is Rotscale himself. The tank should approach first to take agro. Then the SS should approach and cast Spiteful Spirit followed by Spinal Shivers.
At this point everyone should be up on teh platform fighting. Healers should heal as necessary. The mesmer should take over interrupting Rotscale as frequently as possible. Since The warrior will be taking most of the agro he or she will take all the damage. Healers should let him cast Grenths Balance ever now and then. This will help take down Rotty alot faster and it also acts as a self heal for the warrior so you can heal anyone else who took damage. One other thing; Be sure to spread out. If we stay too close deathly swarm will decimate us.

Almost forgot. Until we nuke the mobs around Rotscale, they will continue to cast Frozen soil so if anyone dies we cannot rez them.

This build should work I think. Any tweaks or other ideas would be appreciated.

Actually between the Mesmer's interrupts, the SS's Spinal Shivers and the Blood necro's BiP and BR neitehr should run out of energy before Rotscale drops.

Now that I think about it though perhaps a larger BP group could do well against Rotty. Maybe 4 BP's, replace the MM with an SS Necro, 2 healers and 1 interrupt mesmer. We should give both a try methinks, see which works better.

Also one of the BP's could bring Nature's Renewal.

Create a level 1...8 Spirit. For 30...126 seconds, Enchantments and Hexes take twice as long to cast, and it costs twice as much Energy to maintain Enchantments. This Spirit dies after 30...126 seconds.

Perfect against Rotscale, but it will hinder the SS.

Last edited:
I got a fire elementalist, I could bring him, just let me know the day we do this. I probably can't do it July 1'st, just so you know.

Back