Romulo and Julianne

Woven

We had a few new ppl and some alts in for our last fight with these 2.

Here are a few things worth mentioning as they apply to where we had some difficulties:

In phase one, you will fight Julianne. She is a caster and should be interrupted as much as possible to conserve mana. The interrupters should focus on Eternal Affection, which heals herself for a lot of health. Interrupting the other spells, however, is good for conserving healer mana. She is immune to Silence, but not to other interrupting abilities such as Kick, Shield Bash or Earth Shock.

Dispelling her Devotion buff should be prioritized, however, since it increases her DPS a lot. It is a magic buff and can be removed with Dispel Magic (Priest), Devour Magic (Felhunter), Purge (Shaman), or Spellsteal (Mage).

It is helpful to have her die in a corner separate from Romulo, to make it easier to pick her up in phase three.

Miscellaneous

A Detect Magic should be kept up on Romulo and Julianne at all times, so you can clearly notice when they gain Devotion or Daring. These buffs can be devoured, dispelled or stolen. Having a mage steal Devotion is preferred due to the increase of casting speed.
Having a hunter drop a Snake Trap generally aids the raid, especially the healers. Julianne will target the snakes for Powerful Attraction or Blinding Passion, and Romulo can use Backward Lunge on them.

Last edited:
Well...looks like Romulo and Julianne will be a challenge for me if I'm on Dranoe. I was trying to read up on my shammy tricks and whether tremor totem would dispell various things but I'm not very good at searching. I used to dispell the devotion with my priest but didn't realize that it actually did any good so I stopped. I see now that I should be dispelling with Wend (if I think I've got enough mana for the rest of the fight) or purging with Dranoe as well as Earthshocking her heal.

I was actually dispelling R&J's buffs every time I noticed them. It actually did cut down on how much I had to heal, so it was more mana efficient in the long run.

Even on the attempts we wiped, I found that I had more mana by doing that... and just timing my heals better so I wasn't overhealing Anita & Renee.

though i have no experience on this, Adam, would it be effective to put those snakes further away from her?- outside AOE range? does no damage but couldn't she still target them for spells?

She would have to spring the trap, which means her AoE would hit the snakes. Since they would target her.

in addition to saving mana, I think whoever your best geared tank of the run is should probably MT each one until they BOTH come up, then split the tanks.

Back