Rolling for raid Spots - from Wed sept 28th

Angryson

Just to put it out there, since (I guess) there were whispers going around as to "why":

I put Wednesdays group together as follows:

I took Main spec first, I had 3 main spec healers 4 MS Tanks, and 8? MS dps

For tanks, I talked to Miny, who has thrown the idea around that he would be canceling his sub to WoW in prep for swotr. Echelon has finished his summer duties with his church so he's back to regular raiding. With miny's permission, I took Ech so he could grab some gear and experience in content I'm sure he'll be frequenting with us.

For DPS, I simply set it up like this:

I put 3-4 people in who have been raiding consistently since we were basically doing Nef attempts. Those people you didn't see get rolled on were toons who have stuck out our best and worst raiding times since before summer hit, if not longer. I rolled the last spot in between 3 VERY GOOD DPS who have also shown consistency in their attendance, numbers, and attitude. Raid comp was also a factor, but ^this was what I did just for wednesday.

Will I do that every time? Certainly not? Will I do it again? probably not for a while...

Remember you are only saved to bosses you actually down. So you could still be rolled out, come in for a Rag kill (if we get one), and then go clear all the other bosses with another raid.

Which brings up another quick note. I'm going to be pushing harder for a second raid lockout made up of raiders who were unfortunately left behind or rolled out, along with other raiding mains or geared raider alts. So be on the lookout for Raid #2.

Last edited:
I'm also happy that these issues were brought up or talked about. I'm glad that people are willing to voice their opinions and concerns; it's how we make our raiding systems better.

I also appreciate whoever brought this up, taking the concern to not bring it up right when it happened when I'm trying to get the raid going. While I definitely wanna know these things, its hard to put out fires and get a raid going at the same time.

I would say, tho, that I would appreciate concerns being brought to me via PM here on the forums or in the in-game mail system. I always try to take the time to hear everyone out and talk things thru. U kno I <3 u all and I want to restate that my virtual door is always open no matter what it is you have to say.

This was handled well by all parties, both raid leader, and those left out. Good to see this happening! Thank you all for handling this in a mature fashion :)

Back