Rise of the Hut Cartel

Kahiel

Hey,

Just wanted to share some of the differences I'm noticing with the new system.

First off, for the lvl 50s, the commendations have changed. Where you used to get several different kind of commendations (Tionese for example) they have "Classic Commendatons." They've changed the commendation and pvp venders as well. I can't find the Tionese, but they have Baisic, classic, elite etc. The gear is lvl 55 now.

Oh and before you get in, all your skill points have been reassigned, so check your build before you get in so you can assign your points.

Couple more notes. The patch is 2.33 gig. It takes a little bit to download.

Also, you don't have to look for a bread crumb at fleet like you do for Ilum or other lvl 50 content. Travel to the Makaab system and it will automatically begin the quest chain.

Hey what is the mumble account info? I'm Lions of Judah Guildmaster on the Republic side but I want to join the Called From Darkness guild on the Bastion server... Please send me a PM or find me in game as one of these characters

IMP Side

O'dom - lvl 50 Powertech
Firebringer - lvl 50 Marauder

Pub Side
Brysan - lvl 50 Sentinel
Judah'david - lvl 25 Gunslinger ------ This is the one I will probably be playing the most...

Hey what is the mumble account info? I'm Lions of Judah Guildmaster on the Republic side but I want to join the Called From Darkness guild on the Bastion server... Please send me a PM or find me in game as one of these characters

IMP Side

O'dom - lvl 50 Powertech
Firebringer - lvl 50 Marauder

Pub Side
Brysan - lvl 50 Sentinel
Judah'david - lvl 25 Gunslinger ------ This is the one I will probably be playing the most...
I sent you a reply in the Called from Darkness forum.

Just discovered something fun...
Players in Guilds will now earn a +5% bonus to experience gain – be sure to join a Guild!

We need to get the imp CttL guild up.

We need to get the imp CttL guild up.
D: Awesome!

I'm updating my client now. Once it's up to date, I'll log in with Vehementi and leave him logged in for a while just in case enough folks get on at once to make it happen. :)

Edit: Not feeling so hot. Need to stop staring at computer screen. Will try during the day tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
It's been an annoying week already. What is usually a slow time for me has become busy and I normally take Wednesday off, but I have to be at the church so we can get our rough inspection for the plumbing.

tl;dr I'll try to check in through out the day, Thursday I want to dedicate to grinding Makaab.

Since I get the early play bonus on RotHC I'm not sure how much of these things affect those of you who aren't. So forgive me if I am going over things you already know.

One of the big things buzzing on the forums is the fact that they have removed some of the "incapacitated strikes" such as "pommel strike" from the game. BW says they are trying to simplify the powers (others say they are dumbing down the game) however, a lot of us used those in our rotations and have found their removal detrimental to our normal fighting style.

Also, they pushed a patch last night. I could swear that they nerfed the Sentinel. When I went to bed last night, I was going through 52 and 53 mobs like a hot knife through butter. Now I am using kolto like it's candy.

One of the big things buzzing on the forums is the fact that they have removed some of the "incapacitated strikes" such as "pommel strike" from the game. BW says they are trying to simplify the powers (others say they are dumbing down the game) however, a lot of us used those in our rotations and have found their removal detrimental to our normal fighting style.
That was one of the first things I noticed as I was fixing my skill bars yesterday. I kept searching through my Abilities window over and over but they weren't there. I even tried finding something on swtor.com that would list what skills were nerfed by class. Those skills were valuable on my Scoundrel and Operative. I used them in every fight. In Aion and Guild Wars, NCSoft would give a detailed report on how a patch would affect the skills in each class. Apparently the SWTOR folks like to keep us in the dark.

I haven't gotten to Makeb yet. I won't be able to visit until next week. I'll probably work on dailies and/or some of the later planet quests that I skipped and try to level up my Scoundrel a bit.

Yeah, on my Sentinal, I liked to use force leap followed by pommel strike which was enough to take out most of the normal strength mobs. That was real helpful when you have an elite and a normal strength mob together (which they seem to like to do on Makaab).

Oh on a positive note, double saber throw is freaking awesome.

Last edited:
I didn't see this anywhere, but they added a couple of quest lines to get microbinocculars and search droids. I've taken a break from the Makeb story to work on these. They are both another "run around the galaxy searching for stuff" style quests.

I didn't see this anywhere, but they added a couple of quest lines to get microbinocculars and search droids. I've taken a break from the Makeb story to work on these. They are both another "run around the galaxy searching for stuff" style quests.
I saw those mentioned in one of the descriptions of the expansion, but there wasn't a lot of detail.

With the seeker droid you get a message that something like "Your seeker droid detects something in the area." You can then deploy the seeker droid like the seismic search tool for the HK quest, the difference is, if you don't find it, it will give you a direction to search in. It will give "false positives" too. I filled my inventory twice looking for the quest item on Taris. That one was worse than looking for the HK parts. You also get some buffs which extend the range of your seeker droid.

Back