Rifts

tomfoolery_79

Why does no one attack Rifts/Invasions anymore? After I have leveled past Gloamwood it's an act of congress to get people to do Rifts. There has been many occasions when I'm soloing a Rift/Invasion/Foothold, etc.

Planarite is your friend. You get the best loot and MOST ACCESSIBLE loot from planarite.

I'm not talking about you guys, just people in general. Sure there are times when you are questing and can't be bothered...me too. But when I'm in a zone full of people I can't believe there's only 1 person at any given rift.

1. When I was playing it was my opinion that Rifts hit too often and I posted in their forums saying so. Yes the number of Rifts spawned is gauged by the number of players on a server. Unfortunately that doesn't take into account players get bored of doing one thing. Once players get past the novelty of them it can become a nuisance to have to continually do them all the time. My feelings have been I am trying to finish my quest, I just got done with the last Rift invasion, which took AN HOUR, I've got limited play time, I'm not going to another Rift unless I have to, I'll let someone else do it. I like having to band together to protect npc's occasionally but I don't like having to do it all the time so why go if I don't have to. I think the frequency of Rifts needs to be turned down slightly then you will see players doing them more. Rifts aren't bad but Trion may be padding the game length just a bit with them.

2. It's a question of contrast. For example I've heard Spielberg talk about making Jaws. He liked the scare he got out of a test audience so he went back and edited in more scares. At the next testing he noticed the audience was less scared with more shock moments in the movie. In short it's about pacing. Do Rifts to often and they feel less special and less imperative that you do them.

3. As far as the gear goes because the gear you can buy is based on the area you farm the sourceshard thingy in it may be best to skip over buying it and keep the Planarite for the next area. At 30 I could have skipped farming for the Gloamwood gear and actually bought and used the next area's gear instead getting more bang for my buck.

4. I expect there are a lot more people in the beginning area and there are more newbies less bored with invasions. Wait for the more casual players to level up and out of newbie land and you'll have rift help. Not everyone has time to power level as quick as possible.

Last edited:
I agree, they do spawn too often, but to go to the other extreme of not doing them at all seems tough. I thought from day number 1 they spawn way too often.

To address bullet point number 3...you could always make that case, eventually you need to buy though :)

I think proportionately it has been awesome. I know people who are just rift chasing and don't bother to level or quest. It's another way to play the game I suppose.

I love that you can quest and randomly drop in on an invasion or rift. OR you can find a roaming zone group that hits up all the rifts and invasions and works towards the zone wide events. So many different ways to have fun!

The werewolf invasion in Gloamwood is sooooo much fun too. This game keeps getting better and better.

yeah but werewolfs are cool and the mood of gloomwood + werewolfs = more cool

dude earlier I tanked like 33 mobs at a wardstone invasion and a single bard kept me up some how. 8 mins later I had 450 planarite.

yeah but werewolfs are cool and the mood of gloomwood + werewolfs = more cool

dude earlier I tanked like 33 mobs at a wardstone invasion and a single bard kept me up some how. 8 mins later I had 450 planarite.

What is your build anyway Ewoks, Reaver something?

currently at 35 I am running:

Tank build: 31 Reaver/ 15 Pally/0 Warlord
PVP build: 35 Champ/11 Riftblade/0 Vindacator
Solo/DPS build: 23 Beastmaster/14 Champ/8 Paragon

Now that I am 35 I need to try out Gerbils build. Will get to that this week.

Last edited:
Now that I am 35 I need to try out Gerbils build. Will get to that this week.
Sweet Ewoks THANK YOU! I eagerly await your results :) ! I bet it won't be as good as Reaver quite yet but if/when you get enough str to get your block up coming up all the time (but then that's the whole question) it will surpass it in defense :D . I was thinking yesterday with a continual block and a group of adds martial shield is going to roll the attack points in to spam pact conversion and thus Discharge and Fusion of the Flesh as much as your energy will allow... sorry still obsessing :p .

Oh it's just got to work. The difference in str stats between using the Void Knight buffs and not using them is so massive the Paladins block (and thus most Paladin builds) would be useless in any other build if it didn't come up decently without them. So if it works well without the VK buffs it's got to work great with them.

Last edited:
Back