Revelation/Reading

<edited out> You do a lot of quoting don't you? It's rather circular to support the Bible using the Bible, especially when you're trying to convince an outside source of its rightness or necessity. "Well the Bible's necessary because it says so in black and white! How can you question that? Huh huh huh?"
<removed>

I think readers of the Bible start out not knowing anything, and earnest readers, those who are actually trying to get something from God, are supernaturally enlightened to things in the Bible. That is how they come to know the Bible by reading it without necessarily starting it with a certain spirit. And that's supposing that these Christians you mentioned, Dark Virtue, even know what they're talking about, as most, I've come to notice, do not. Granted, supernatural enlightenment doesn't make any sense, but then, this is about the same God who created a(n?) universe in seven days.

And Revelation is only the last book because the editors made it that way. They could just as easily have put it before the Gospels, or right after Acts, or maybe before Jude. But they didn't. So don't put too much value in its position, because its position was determined by man.

I realized that from the start. I don't think I hinted at that in any of my posts thus far.

The first portion of my last post wasn't directed at DV, the second regarded his note on the "vicious cycle" and the last was a thought on the compilation of the Bible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SilentAssassin @ Jan. 03 2005,5:50)]uck. this cycle is viciuos but you have to fight it. it's like saying to an addicted drug user. go ahead. you're gonna die someday. might as well have fun before you do. it's kind of um.... weird. dunno how to say it. well, what do you think about morals DV? just curious - spout off topic - like what do you think they come from? (Started.)
This topic has been covered before and the link was offered to you when you asked this very same question months ago.

Back