Resurrect Zion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
After haggling with Battle.net yet again last night, I'm thinking that maybe I should look into re-creating Zion, the private Starcraft server heavily populated by Christian gamers at the peak of its fame.

There are, of course, several difficulties with this proposition, thanks to Blizzard's stance against private servers and bnetd's disappearance from the Internet. Sure, private servers worked with version 1.08 just fine, but will they work with 1.10?

If there are enough people who agree that it's worth a shot, please let me know. If all else fails, we could still put a server up and use it as a backup when Battle.net is being cranky.

But I thought Bnet frowned upon non-Blizzard operated Bnet servers and put the big NO !! on servers such as Zion ??
cool.gif

Would be great to have Zion back again...did'nt Jammer (Jon) run that for us ?
many Saturday morings were spent on Zion..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (corinalbria @ Feb. 17 2004,8:53)]Wooo, just played a game on zion ^^
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly disavow any knowledge or involvement with this supposed "Zion" private Battle.net server.

*cough*

Anyway, after doing a bit of research, it turns out that the private Battle.net server scene is far from dead. Somehow, some way, PvPGN is getting away with programming, distributing, and running Battle.net emulators. I have no idea why Blizzard would attack bnetd and Warforge and leave PvPGN alone, but, as you can see from this server listing, something's very much up.

This certainly casts a new light on the subject. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back