Resident Evil: movies vs. games

I just enjoyed how they made it look all FPS-like. I'm not celebrating anyone being possessed, movie, game or otherwise. And during the whole end of the movie FPS style visuals, I believe Karl Urban was on adrenaline or something like that, he wasn't actually a demon.

I was just pointing out the fact that a movie made from an FPS actually had in it a scene that LOOKED like an FPS, which I'm sure is ok to be appreciated from a design and visual standpoint.

Ummm.. Just a question, why are we celebrating something that is impossible? And also, in the Doom Games, You (the player) have to become demon possessed in certain areas in order to get the speed/attack boosts to win.. I don't think either the game or the movie are all that appropriate.

You never become possessed, you use adrenaline.

[toj.cc]phantom;217792 said:
You never become possessed, you use adrenaline.

I'd have to agree with eskimo_pie, since you clear see those power-ups, are demon-possessed.

3 of them has a face, 1 of them has a eye-ball.

http://planetdoom.gamespy.com/static.php?page=Classic Doom Items&game=3

Also, in Doom 3, when you get the Soulcube, you've been possessed, it clearly shows the hands of the player is freaky.

Snake_Six said:
I liked Silent Hill, tho I haven't played the game, yet. But it was refreshing to see Sean Bean in a good guy role, no matter how small.

The problem is, the Silent Hill game has action, the movie does not. Come on, a lady tries to find her daughter and fights (or runs) away from ghosts with no weapons! You had at least a crowbar/pipe/knife in Silent Hill game.

I just enjoyed how they made it look all FPS-like. I'm not celebrating anyone being possessed, movie, game or otherwise. And during the whole end of the movie FPS style visuals, I believe Karl Urban was on adrenaline or something like that, he wasn't actually a demon.

I was just pointing out the fact that a movie made from an FPS actually had in it a scene that LOOKED like an FPS, which I'm sure is ok to be appreciated from a design and visual standpoint.

Ah, OK.

Back