Remebering GOD's Goodness

Waynos

This morning GOD reminded me through HIS word just how Loving and Merciful HE is

I got to thinking after my devotion,
back in 2008 i was in a wheelchair due to the extensive nerve damage,2 herniated discs and 4 others that were bulging.
here i am unable to work and been feeling less than a man as my wonderful wife is carrying the heavy load of providing
and in the midst of all my thoughts GOD reminded me

I'm not in a wheelchair anymore,
eventhough i have alot of physical limitations GOD has allowed me to still help around the house
help others with giving them rides,
helping at church with small remodeling projects,
play worship music with a great bunch of believers,
fix computers for people and open doors of witnessing opportunity
attend church by desire to get closer to HIM
gain courage to tell others about my faith
and the list could go on for quite a while.

final thought;
It doesn't matter the extent of my ability,
GOD has a use for me
so today i pray that i can be CHRIST-like and "be about my FATHERS business"

Last edited:
Reminds me of this. :)
tumblr_lmvs50nVCp1qenh2co1_500.jpg

LOL Phoenix. I had that exact same thought when reading the final thought, scrolled down, and BAM. :)

Awesome post, Waynos! God is awesome; it's always great to remind ourselves of that as much as we can.

LOL Phoenix. I had that exact same thought when reading the final thought, scrolled down, and BAM. :)

Awesome post, Waynos! God is awesome; it's always great to remind ourselves of that as much as we can.

as we fight against our flesh/sin nature it will try to drag us down so we are fooled into thinking GOD can't use us

Beautiful!, Waynos, we were blessed by God's grace to be places here and focus on what we can do for him! I see it every day when I work with my clients helping them find a job. Our Lord works better with being positive. I remember a quote of a motivational speaker I can't recall the name, but he said "if you work your life at correcting your shortcomings, you will be mediocre, but if you work on the strengths you have, you will be fantastic!"

Last edited:
This is truely what it's all about. Thank you for this post Waynos. With thought we can not add one cubit to our stature. 5 years ago I owned a somewhat successful business as a general contractor. In 08 shortly after the "recession" a good number of my contacts clamed up and several clients bumped me off thier vendor lists. I went from 2 million + dollars gross in 07, to broke. Not having enough enough contacts (we'd only been in business for 3 years) led to a veritable stand-still and an 8 month period of sittin on my butt and eating off of what was once proffit. At that time i wasn't exactly a "stand-up" member of the christian community. In fact, I was more toward the all-the-way-down of the night club, drugs, and "get it where I can" community... ie sittin on my butt for 8 months was not a good place to be. God woke me up. Abruptly. Drunkeness, car doors, and my bleeding face style. Point of my story is this, even as a strong young man I could in no way change my circumstance. God began a change in me, and since he has arrayed me with a beautiful wife, a now 19 month old wonderful duaghter, a steady job, and a current opportunity to go to college. I don't miss those proffits at all. The peace of Jesus the Christ is worth all I have and ever will have. His work is my reasonable service.

Last edited:
Reminds me of this. :)
tumblr_lmvs50nVCp1qenh2co1_500.jpg

I love this!

Thank you for the testimonies, Waynos and blfleshman. It's always so amazing to hear how God has worked in peoples' lives! It's such a great reminder that God has our backs, no matter what trials we face.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

Awesome testimony, blfleshman. Thanks for sharing.

I agree..AMEN!

this is what makes our guild so awesome..cause like church we edify each other,pray for each other and offer friendly advice in good and rough times
it is so true that iron sharpens iron like GOD's word says

Back