Realm transfer info.

Exo-Slayer

Just saw this on the forums thought it was interesting enough to post. http://www.gamespot.com/news/6153087.html

Speaking of the fee, Blizzard is charging $25 per character transfer. Is this to prevent people from abusing the feature? Will you be able to transfer a character as much as you want, so long as you're willing to pay $25 each time? And what sorts of transfer restrictions are there in general?

A character can only be transferred to a new realm once every six months, and once completed, a character transfer cannot be reversed. Also, there will be both character and realm restrictions. For example, you will need to be at least level 10 to transfer realms, and you’ll only be able to carry over a certain amount of gold.

As for realm restrictions, players can only transfer characters between realms of the same type, or from a PvP to a normal (PvE) realm. To prevent players from leveling up without the challenges of a PvP environment and then unfairly being able to make leveling up more difficult for other players on a PvP realm, transfers from a normal to a PvP realm are not permitted. Also, if a player decides to transfer from one PvP realm to another PvP realm, he/she can only do so if there is no faction violation (that is, players cannot already have a character of the opposing faction on the destination realm).

Also on the wow forums there is this post.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=8798014&p=#post8798146

Soon.

MUHAHahahHahHaHAHHAHAAAAA!

No, really...soon.

We're in internal testing and we plan to release this service in stages. We will start public access to this with a few realms to see how it works out and if it runs smoothly and such. Then, we will expand to more and more sucsessive realms.

edit - needs more 's'

Money is something blizzard always trying to get, they better be careful or people might hop on to another game.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=blizzard-archive&t=75&p=1&tmp=1#post75

Upcoming Character-Transfer Service
On top of our efforts to evenly disperse our player population through coordinated realm transfers and migrations, we've begun testing our paid character-transfer feature. Scheduled to go live this summer, this feature will allow players to move their characters, within certain restrictions, to a realm of their choosing. This means that players will now be able to join their friends on other realms without the need to wait for a pre-set mass realm transfer. In addition, this will also contribute to a balancing of the player load from realm to realm, which again is a specific way for us to reduce realm queues and lag. We know that many players are eager for this service to be implemented, so well share further details as soon as more information becomes available.

That isn't true information yet.

I heard differnt rumors from a trusted source. . . 0_o

I heard it was going to be 40$ a character Time in between transfers would be 3 months.

PvE to PvP was not going to be allowed but everything else would be allowed.

I also heard that the reason why its taking so long is that the test is revealing that the characters are being deleted and not transfered. but it still charges you and moves your character to the other server. . .just deleted from that server.

The quotes from my first post are from a gamespot article interviewing Shane Dabiri the lead producer of WoW, so you should be able to take them as true. The Battleplan vol 3 was from over a month ago, this interview was days ago.

The $40 thing came form a survey Blizzard sent out a few months ago asking if people would be willing to pay that much, it was never anything official.

Last edited:
Exo-Slayer said:
The quotes from my first post are from a gamespot article interviewing Shane Dabiri the lead producer of WoW, so you should be able to take them as true. The Battleplan vol 3 was from over a month ago, this interview was days ago.

The $40 thing came form a survey Blizzard sent out a few months ago asking if people would be willing to pay that much, it was never anything official.

Odale said:

Well played Exo-Slayer . . .well played. o_0

This is pretty great news. I am happy to say that Redeemed looks to benefit from the realm transfer. I know that Cassadine or Arrowboy as you all know him has a Epic Rogue and he is ready to raid big time. I have Reco a Epic Warlock and is ready to raid along with Paster up and coming :) . Akhiles has a Warlock at 60 and Meithra (Akhiles Wife) is a 60 Rogue but it remains a mystery if she will transfer or not. She stopped playing awhile back but has a few Epic pieces. Also Cassadine has his wife that will probably bring her mostly Epic'd out Rogue named Seathra. Good times people. MC is starting to get a tad more full of Redeemed people soon as this goes through.

And so it begins.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=8854700&p=#post8854700
We are happy to announce the availability of the Paid Character Transfer service for World of Warcraft. You can find this feature in the account-management section of the official World of Warcraft website. This new functionality will allow you to transfer characters to other realms (within certain restrictions) in order to join friends and family or make new friends and allies. Learn more about this new feature in our Paid Character Transfer FAQ.

http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowbilling/?id=abl02008p

The initial launch of the Paid Character Transfer service will only allow transfers between a limited set of realms. You can now transfer characters off of these realms:

Altar of Storms
Argent Dawn
Demon Soul
Illidan
Warsong

We'll gradually scale up the list of realms to accommodate more players as quickly as possible. To start transferring your characters, just log in to the account-management section and click the Paid Character Transfer button. Good luck in your continued adventures in Azeroth, and have fun on your new realm!

Please note that because it is tied into the account-management section, the Paid Character Transfer service may be unavailable during the regularly scheduled weekly maintenance.

Can I transfer characters from one account to another?
Yes, you can transfer characters not just between realms but also between accounts where you are the subscriber.

wow neat!

Icthus said:
I wonder if you can rename them when you move them?
If the character is on another realm and another account, just make a character on the account you want it moved to and name it the same name of the character you are moving. Then you will have to rename it.

Last edited:
Hey guys this is great news. Reco if able will be able to go to the Next MC run if I am able to figure out how to get this done. Im coming from the Warsong Server.

Well Stonemaul is not on the list yet, it might be many months until it is, who knows. There are only like 5 servers open so far.

Only 5 servers are available to transfer toons OFF of. Some realms are closed to having toons transfered ON to. Stonemaul is not eligable for the transfering of toons OFF, but it is open to having toons transferred ON to.

So Warsong toons can transfer to Stonemaul :)

Back