Read it and BURN

Flamethrøwer

4.3 PTR Notes:

Mages

Pyroblast’s initial damage has been increased by approximately 26%, and its damage over time has been increased by approximately 100%.

Fireball damage has been increased by approximately 17%.

Talent Specializations

Fire

Living Bomb damage over time has been increased by approximately 10%, and explosion damage has been increased by approximately 120%.

Let's see how few words I can put it into, in order of priority (assumes a Patchwerk-style fight):

Living Bomb if absent
Pyroblast!
Flame Orb
Fireball
Combustion on big Impact
Time Warp when asked

Haha well my main problem is noticing when there is a big impact to make the combustion. It doesn't quite yell at you as much as it just does bomb dot com stuff behind your back while you look at your numbers go BOOM! Adding onto a big impact, having to watch for a pyroblast! proc to add that dot with living bomb, it's all basically timing... which you have mastered Flame. Speaking of timelords, have you met the ancient snowboarding mages? :p

YRKA6UMGLQ701315846622103.jpg

Last edited:
lol

Download Combustion Helper addon - I don't mage without it!

Oh, I have it... I guess that basically leads to my second problem: Fishing for impact :(

Example: No impact procs for a good amount of time, should I start fishing for it with scorch? Should I just wait for it? And when impact is up but pyroblast! isn't should I just do combustion anyways.... :/

I've noticed from your dps numbers, unlike any other fire mages I've run with, that combustion is your highest damage-dealing skill most of the time. Honestly, that amazes me cause again, I don't normally see that from other fire mages. Their highest damage-dealing skill is normally fireball with living bomb in second.

Well you need to make sure you are not including AOE damage in that. On a good pack of raid trash, I can hit 100k dps with most of that being Combustion. On boss fights, it will usually go Fireball, Living Bomb, then Combustion.

Back