Rank restructuring

Rank restructuring - yea or nay

• Naw.  Keep our ranks as they are.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • I like it!  Let's go for it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know.  Let's talk about it some more.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Malohaut

Our intermediate leader has given us a wonderful suggestion on the setting up and reorganizing of guild ranks. There have been a few agreements and no major suggestions or disagreements. So let's put this to a vote to make it official.

Just to recap, here is Icthus's suggestion for rank restructuring:

I have prayed since our last meeting about the possibility of altering our structure. I have possible idea for you guys to think about and comment. This plan is not a business or adademic model it is a spiritual biblical model. Based on the principles of our servant savior. This is not heirarchical in that the upper guild ranks rule over the lower. When we make decisions as a body we do so with everyone's voice taken into account.

What I have done here is help you find a way to plug into the guild and build not just us but the body of Christ. We all play this game for fun. I go to work to work, I play to play. We do not ever want to get away from that aspect of this game. So, with that in mind let me present this idea:

9 - Sheep This is an entry level for all who are interested in our guild. This will give both us and the recruit the chance to make sure we are the right spot for them.

8- Disciple
This position is for the average member. If you log just to play and want only that this is the rank you will have as an adventurer (non-crafter). It is my hope that each disciple would adopt a sheep to help teach them the ways of Knights of the Trinity.

7- Artist
This postion is for the average memeber that crafts and desires to be known as a crafter. It is similar to the disciple but focused on crafting.

6- Guild Artisian or Merchant
This is for Artist who have helped to take on a few sheep and guide them in the ways of KoT. They have also shown a desire to aid not just KoT but Albion as a whole.

5- Mentor
Similar to the Guild Artisian, this person has taken a few sheep and helped them become disciples. He is now working on helping those disciples grow in KoT. He could be helping with gold or leading in adventures or advising. He or She has become a Mentor to others.

4- Teacher
This postions is for those how have helped a few disciples become mentors. The are more involved teaching mentors and in helping to run Bible Studies and Guild events.

3- Ambassadors
These are individuals who are helping KoT interact with the outside world. They are involved in our Alliances and in uniting with like minded guilds. They also helpus to find fellow Christians to increase our numbers. They can do this in game or by posting to various DAoC boards.

2- Champions
These are leaders. They have developed a passion for some part of the game: RvR, Power Leveling, Dugeon Crawls, ToA, Bible Studies, Service Events, Consignment merchants, Guild Vaults, or anything else. These individuals are expected to organize and lead events for our people.

1- Apostle
This is a special catagory for leaders and special indivduals who have become less active or have been on a lay off after leadership. It is a postion of honor. They have in some way be a significant part of building KoT.

0- Shepard Pastors
This will be a council of 3 to 5 Spiritual Leaders. They have shown spiritual maturity in decisions and lifestyle. They meet some biblical qualifications for leadership as well. They can be men or women. They will help to guide the guild with wise counsel as we make decisions. They will also help to mediate any issues that may come up. They are true servants of KoT.

Since I came up with it I suppose I like it.

I actually would have changed it already, but had Disciple Now and Staff Retreat this weekend.

I will wait to do it after this vote.

<reads up on how to edit /gc commands>

I didn't know Ick. I just knew I hadn't heard anything further on the topic and wanted to make a poll to make it an official Trinity decision.

And you're right Aij. It is a kind of modification of our current ranking system. However, this modification is designed for three things:
1. To help organize our members into a body of Christ with different roles and areas.
2. To give new members a heirarchy and a set of goals to strive for.
3. To create and maintain a guild leadership structure that mirrors contemporary leadership of the church.

And I think the major difference is that with this new ranking system, I and others can help to encourage our members to grow and have fun. This way, we have promotions and ceremonies and mentors and a solid structure without the need of hardcore government.

So I really do think this to be an excellent move for us.

I had to think an awful lot about what I was going to say, but after a lot of thinking and word choice, I decided to just keep it simple.

I guess suffice to say I was a little hurt to see a poll with over 40 views but only 2 votes. Does this mean it was a silly poll? Or is it that most members just don't care about things like this? Or maybe things are slow because I'm a Jonah holding things back. I want so much to be part of the family of God, and to be part of an awesome ministry, but everywhere I turn, churches aren't interested in me, most friends aren't interested in me, and nobody in this entire city even feels the slightest bit compelled to help me anything, only desiring what I have and what is in my wallet. Suffice to say its very discouraging and you guys are my only fellowship.

So I ask you. What is it you'd like to see for the guild? What is it I can do to help? How can I be of service for you all. I desire so much to be the servant Christ called us to be, but can't seem to do so.

Thanks for letting me vent. Hope you have a truly wonderful day.

(Just FYI, I didn't write this to fish for compliments or have you try and help me find the positive sides of me, for that would be a prideful thing for me to asking for. All I'm asking for is advice on how I can better serve you!)

Malo, I'm sorry that your poll isn't getting a lot of attention. I've noticed that things like this don't seem to get a lot of attention on the message board also. Although I'm a hypocrit really, I hardly ever leave messages on here. I did vote though, and probably 5 or 6 of the 40 times this has been viewed is me coming back to see if anyone else voted.

I think another part of the problem is that a good portion of people just aren't checking the boards regularly, or at all.

So I guess the question is, how do we get more input/feedback/participation? Feedback is especially important right now, I mean we are going to leadership reform and guild restructuring, and 2 people had something to say about it. It's a little discouraging, especially to those trying to be leaders.

So, since this is the main place of discourse for guild related things, I think we need more participation. The question is how?

Well to be honest I'm not sure how to answer that question. Maybe put a really guilt tripping MOTD up that tells people to check the boards.
smile.gif
Maybe that can be your task Malo, you did ask what you can do to help. Maybe you can think of some better ideas for getting people on the boards.

I did have one idea... I think it might be a good idea to start a brand new 'who's who' thread. Like with a little personal info like the old one we had (name, aprox. location, name of characters, age, how do you plan to help KOT?) It would give us an idea of who is active and would be good in general to get to know a bit about each other. Maybe it would be good to advertise it on the MOTD.

What do you think of that idea? If you like it, start a thread. If not, I think I may later, but now it's supper time.

Great idea Tiskey, <writing this at 2 am> I like what youve said and, well i probably missed alot of it, been helping somone in the game. Souds good so far
smile.gif

Back