Ranger woes

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
Ok Waynos is having issues with his Ranger, namely staying alive. So here are some thoughts and what I am using, it works well as a general purpose build, and I can tangle with most critters and live. Traits are 30/10/10/10/10 under normal conditions slot skills are Troll Unguent, Flame Trap, Spike Trap, Signet of the Hunt, and Hounds of Balthazar. Marksmanship choices are Malicious Training, Keen Edge, and Steady Focus. Skirmishing is Pet Prowess, Wilderness Survival is Muddy Terrain, Nature Magic is Natures Protection, and Beast Mastery is Compassion Training. Weapons are all exotic for champ train I use Axe/Warhorn, otherwise it is axe/torch for aoe. I prefer my long bow, which is power vitality condition damage, but currently working short bow for achievement, power vitality crit damage. Armour is Arcon of Dwana. For water work I use only a spear gun exotic power, precision, crit damage, with superior sigil of blood. Trinkets, Celestial Sigil, Ancient Mursaat Token, Syzygy, Ouroborous Loop, Rabid ring Of The Rabid. Backpack precision, Vitality, healing power with exquisite snowflake. Yes this is all over the map, but it works well. and I am not so specialized that I can't switch weapons or tactics at a moments notice. The traps work well because if you are pressed to melee distance you lay the traps and stand in the middle of them. A lot of enemies will boogie away from that mess, and if they don't it helps bring them down quicker with less damage to your self.
My pet of course is the Black Widow, it's immobilize skill can be invaluable, and it's life bar is the same as the black bear which is my back up. And if life is getting real tough I trigger an ember powder. So with Spider, Short Bow, and traps the condition damage is quite high. Then if that isn't enough call up the Hounds of Balthazar and ember. And if I have to kite the Signet of The Hunt gets me out of Dodge quicker.

Back