Ranger/Mesmer massive health degenerators

Dragonhawk

My main toon right now is a ranger/mesmerist and I think I might have found the ultimate health degeneration combo for pvp, that not even warrior armor can help with. The skill combo includes aply poison (-4), Melandrus arrows (-3 bleeding), conjure phantasm (-5), and phantom pain (-2). Grand total of -14 hp/sec for at least 10 sec. The bleeding effect will last 16 sec. Now I do not have all the skills to test this out in pvp yet (notably the elite skill Melandrus Arrows) but I am very anxious to give it a try to see if it works as well in action as it seems to on paper. Any rangers out there that are further along in the game than me and want to give it a try please let me know the results.

oh, and have then run over a fire trap. -7. -21.. ooohhh. that's like -42 health a second....

but, for one, I always carry anti-hex and anti-condition spells. those stuff would last like... a couple of seconds max each.

Dragonhawk said:
My main toon right now is a ranger/mesmerist and I think I might have found the ultimate health degeneration combo for pvp, that not even warrior armor can help with. The skill combo includes aply poison (-4), Melandrus arrows (-3 bleeding), conjure phantasm (-5), and phantom pain (-2). Grand total of -14 hp/sec for at least 10 sec. The bleeding effect will last 16 sec. Now I do not have all the skills to test this out in pvp yet (notably the elite skill Melandrus Arrows) but I am very anxious to give it a try to see if it works as well in action as it seems to on paper. Any rangers out there that are further along in the game than me and want to give it a try please let me know the results.

:eek: I'm scared of you now. I don't carry anti-hexes with me.

Oh I'm not saying this is some uber pvp build. One of the things I like about guild wars is you dont seems to have any uber builds like they have in other mmos with pvp. This is more of an alternative to the rangers set role as an anti-caster. It also would be great in pve where you dont have mobs generating antihex/condition spells like they do in pvp. It would also provide a nasty surprise for those who see the Ra/Me and think hes just an anti-caster.

What's the energy cost look like on that build? It would be rough if all you could do would be to use those skills and get your 42 dps for 10 seconds, and then be out of energy.

I just used changed Lana's build last night (took me ALL night to do it) to a R/Me. However, I used a strategy that Sydney found and e-mailed to me. I'm a Beast Master/Illusion user and I can do a TON of damage to any single target that both pet and I are attacking at once. It's extremely cool and I'm looking forward to trying it out in both PvE and PvP.

I've been able to do the combo with all but the elite skill and the energy drain isnt bad because apply poison is a preperation so I can set it up and everytime I fire off another attack it reapplies. It gives me a few sec to recover energy for conjure illusion and phantom pain, both of which are take 10 energy to activate (I have 29 total with the armor I use). According to the guide I have my elite spell needs 5 energy so that shouldnt be a problem. I can always spam normal attacks for a few sec to recover some more energy.

I'm scared of you now. I don't carry anti-hexes with me.
Be afraid be very afraid. Actually since were in the same guild your safe, I hate fighting teammates unless its practicing for the real fight.

Loew has used something similar with blood magic hexes instead of the ranger skills. It works pretty well, plus I get the soul reaping bonus back with the mobs die and both of the blood magic ones heal me at the same time.

Life Siphon: -3
Life Transfer: -6
Conjure Phantasm: -5
Phantom Paint: -2

The down side is the long cast times on the blood magic skills and the long recharge/short duration on the elite.

Just so everyone knows, degen and regen are capped at 10 pips (20 hp) a second...
More degen than 10 is overkill, but can be necessary overkill, due to ways to combat the degen, such as Healing Breeze and Troll Unguent.

Back