Randy tries to be a superhero

Laess

First he sinks the nice shiny truck and then he tries to be superman and pick it up out of the hole. What is the lesson for today? Don't let Randy drive the nice shiny truck.

Actually, I'm not responsible for THAT particular incident, although I have have marred the paint scheme on my fair share of firetrucks, medics, ladders, rescues, grass trucks, station trucks, fire hydrants, and various other fire-related implements, as well as guard rails, street signs, and even one tree.

wow Randy, that is quite a casualty list there... do they still let you drive or have you been promoted to help fix the repairs budget???

They still let me drive.... that's what insurance is for. I actually embellished a little for dramatic effect. It sounds funnier than the truth. My most significant damage was catching a garage door on the top of the truck - they had to replace one panel of the door, and the truck was barely scratched.

What's really interesting is I've actually never hit another vehicle, but have been hit by one that wasn't paying attention while I was completely stopped.

alright, I'm going to ask the obvious question.

How intoxicated was he to hit a STOPPED FIRETRUCK?

Please tell me it was the broad side of the truck. That would make it even better.

no, we were blocking the entrance to a strip mall...and someone decided they wanted in really bad and clipped the corner of my truck. There was no damage to my truck, but it did tear up the other person's bumper.

You wouldn't believe the stupid things people do... I've actually had someone drive around my firetruck that was blocking the freeway and drive THRU the accident scene (weaving between people and trucks)

I've had people decide that it would be just fine to run over my fire hose on the ground because it was in their way.

I didn't take the call, but I listened to the recording of a woman calling 9-1-1 and asking for a cup of coffee.

I heard the tapes of someone calling 9-1-1 and asking why their power was out.

I had a patient that called 9-1-1 for a toothache, right after he came home from the dentist.

I saw a lady in a beauty salon, getting her wig styled (we figured this out when she went into cardiac arrest...and the wig fell off as we moved her) The people in the salon we more shocked by the fact that the old woman had a wig than they were that she died in the chair.

*sigh* I could go on, and on, and on...

Back