Raiding Karazhan gear and stats

Icthus

I was thinking about the different needs for our guys in Karazhan.

Some of you may know that this game is very gear and level based. YOu have experienced this when you see how the instances get easier as you level. This is due to the way Blizzard develops boss and mob NPC's.

There are serveral "gear checks". These are fights that basically check a groups combined gear. The fight is easy if the combined DPS, TANKING and HEALING = a certian number. This requires that all members have the appropriate gear.

If you desire to be in Karazhan here are some targets you should be shooting for-

*6 of your eight items need to be blues not greens
*You should have either an enchant or a gem in every item of armor you can
*Specialization- you should be sure your spec is one that does well in raiding so that you "fit" into a raiding group. If you have questions on specs please ask in this forum. There are many different specs for each class that will work

These are just some things that I could note. Quantam and I spoke about priest and druids imparticular and we felt that a main healer (not including paladins) would need +1000 to healing, +80 mana per 5 and about 8000 mana buffed. There is a fight in Karazhan that will require all classes to have 8k hit points. The main boss randomly charges and hits for that amount of damage.

We want to develop all of these "requirements" for all classes. However, we need a little time in the instance to know "excatly" what we need. Right now we are still working on what a team needs to consist of for each fight.

We do hope to get everyone who desires to raid a chance to raid. There will be no exclusive raiding club. It may seem that way at the moment, but we are committed to every individual in the guild not a small group.

some good goals:
Healers: +1000 to healing, +80 mana per 5 (pally can do with less)
Caster DPS: +700dmg, >7kmana
MainTanks: 490def, >10k life unbuffed, Dodge+parry+block= >45%

Last edited:
Who is the hunter that has been going to kharazan? i would like to talk to him about his stats and armor so then i can prepare myself for eventually going to kharazan, thanks.

Mavelin looks weird now. Yet...so cool.

I figured hunters would be marks specd. That seems to be the best raiding build cuz it best helps out your group as well as yourself. Improved hunter's Mark can increase melee attack power by up to 125, and Trueshot aura gives 125 attack power now (used to be 100). Which is a total of 250 addtional attack power for us DPS types. Anymore, I find it nice to have improved traps incase I want to AOE damage an area or freeze a target that cannot be sapped.

That build Mirakle posted is smiliar to mine. I may have to make a few minor adjustments.

Zacch is attunned for Kara. But I am confined to a 2 week raiding hold I assume. Plus, Friday nights are off and on for me on availability. Mondays-Wednesdays are best ATM. *sigh*

Last edited:
well as soon as iam attuned for kharazan i will be going, unfortunally i can't seem to get through shadow labs to even get the first part of the key, ive been there at least 5times and haven't made it pass the 3rd boss.So i really could use some help in getting attuned so we can have a hunter going to kharazan, and iam marks specced 17/41/3 and i will look at that one site concerning armor so i can best help the guild and be at my top performance whild in kharazan or any dungenon or instance.

Haiden is going to get to 70 and will get attuned to kara..... all i need to do now is to get back into redeemed

I am currently working on that quests and at the shadow labs step. If anyone needs a mage I will be available. :)

(or any other instance for that matter)

My suggestion for rogues is
>7k hp unbuffed
and if you dont have daggers with top end damage of 160+ then go 16/41/4 i find this build to be batter then the 41/20 mutilate build. 16/41/4 is more consistent and 41/20 becomes useless during the Curator (immune to poisons) Boss.

If you rogues are having trouble getting the stam go for your PvP or Arena gear. If you need more ap, crit and agi, keep at that assassination set, it's a real pain ><.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info...053052022550100020210510400000000000000000000
my 16/41/4 link

gl hf. Might join you guys soon = D

Last edited:
Mage Build

Just so you mages know. At level 70, if you haven't received gear that is at least blue, go out and quest. Shadowmoon valley is a great place for blue item quests (and most have +int, +stam AND +spell dmg). If you need +spell dmg enchants, I can provide some and soon will provide even better ones.

If you healing types out there need +healing to pants, I can provide the Silver thread for that, soon I'll be able to do an even better +healing enchant.

For you hunters, alas, I'm slowly getting my hunter geared and leveled so I can then get attuned for Kara. There are definately better geared and higher level hunters in the guild (like my brother for example) that can help you on that.

For all clothies: I can make almost all standard cloth items (including all Netherweave/Imbued Netherweave) items...the Imbued Netherweave set is pretty cheap and all the set are blue and have +Int, +Stam and +Spell Damage. The set bonus, IIRC, is +spell crit. Good set to have if you currently are wearing greens in those slots. If you don't have a blue helm, there is a pretty long but interesting quest in Shadowmoon Valley that give you a very decent blue helm to replace your goggles (which you get on the quest line as well). This also allows you to see ghosts in Shadowmoon valley.

Back