Raiding in this guild

FriendofJc

Hey guys i have heard quite a few people.. mostly newer people say that we dont raid enough.. Well I love this guild and raids or not i will continue to be a member. but i just wanted to pass along some raiding info for those interested. I was reading a magazine and read an article about a raiding community called puggernaut. It seems pretty cool because you can Stay with your guild and still raid with them. I dont know much about it other than its not a guild.. but a raiding community.. where you can sign up and raid as much as you want. and they rank you based on your gear and experience. just wanted to pass this info on for anyone interested. the site is www. puggernaut.com. I hope you find it useful. God Bless

There was a full spread on them in Beckett's Massive Gamer magazine. It sounds totally cool and well done. If I was still playing wow I would be all over puggernaut.

Welcome to the Puggernaut Raiding Community!

JOIN. SIGN-UP. RAID.

Coined from the term "pug" or "Pick Up Group", Puggernaut members are serious raiders from various World of Warcraft guilds (and even unguilded), from various realms, whom have come together to form a fun raiding community which advocates "progression for all" by facilitating weekly end-game raiding events for both 10-man and 25-man game content.

Puggernaut is not a guild, nor do we participate in any guild recruitment of any kind. Sure, you'll "apply" just like any other guild forum you see, but its different... here's how:

Why Puggernaut?

Because everyone deserves a chance to raid when they want and get the gear they're after. While being a member of a high-end guild raid team would be ideal, for one reason or another many guilds fail in the long run, use favortism and/or willing raiders get benched "for the needs to the team".

With Puggernaut, you simply search for an upcoming raid and sign up for it. Based upon class needs and availability, you'll get a spot. And if you don't, just sign up for another raid. It's a simple, first-come-first-serve system and very little wondering if you'lll get a raid spot or not. Best of all, you don't have to quit your guild to be a member of Puggernaut. Just submit your application, get approved and sign up to raid! Easy!

Who Puggernaut is for:

Raiders who find themselves saying:

1) "I wasn't able to raid with my guild this week but I need that loot from KT".
2) "I need gear but don't have the dkp and Puggernaut doesn't use dkp, just fair rolls, so I'll be able to gear up!"
3) "It's fun to raid with a new group of people and do well."
4) "I'm not in a guild and I kind of like it that way."

How does it work?

Scheduled Raid Sign-ups

1) We schedule raid leader-led raids throughout the week, based upon ongoing member polling and raid leader availability.

(Character team assignment could mean either "First String", which are "Ulduar-ready raiders", "Second String", which are raiders still building their gear, or "Casual Raider" - a character still working on heroics. In any case, its an assignment for your character, not you as a person)

2) You sign up for the raid and the raid leader chooses which players will participate, based on who signed up first, rank, then even class balance.

To qualify for All-star rank you must have a minimum average gear level of 213 (see PugChecker.com), meet requirements for both first and second string, have the "Champion of the Frozen Wastes" title and be fully enchanted and gemmed (see Be.Imba.hu). There are additional, class-specific requirements, such as minimum sustained dps, dtps, mana pool, armor, hp, etc. This info can be found in the members forums under "All-star Rank Requirements".

To qualify for first string you must have a minimum average gear level of 200 (see PugChecker.com), "The Fall of Naxxaramas" achievements for BOTH Naxx 10 and Naxx 25 (see WoW-heroes.com) and be fully enchanted and gemmed (see Be.Imba.hu).

To qualify for second string you must have a minimum average gear level of 160 (see Pugchecker.com) and be fully enchanted and gemmed (see Be.Imba.hu).

To qualify for casual raider you must be at least level 80. You are not eligble to raid but you can sign up for 5-man heroic runs. This is an excellent opportunity to meet new friends and learn how the Puggernaut community functions.

There are no requirements for this rank other than your personal rep. Anyone with an active World of Warcraft account with any level character may join.

Which raids do I qualify for?

Participation is based upon by who signed up first. That said, don't plan to go to Icecrown if you are only Second String, for example. Each WoW instance has been given a rank designation by Puggernaut and we recommend that you follow that recommendation for the sake of the raid team and because its just plain more fun that way. :)

Although this is old info, take for example, seasoned raiders with full gear level 213 and above and a high scoring "Heroic Raider" achievements value, would most likely qualify for "First String Raiding", which is primarily 25-man Ulduar, Sarth, Mally and achievement runs.

Up and coming raiders with heroic gear levels would most likely qualify for "Second String Raiding", which is primarily 25-man & 10-man Naxx, 10-man Ulduar, etc.

Gear scrores and heroic raid achievements scores help determine your level of experience and helps to ensure solid raid group make-up.

Perhaps equally as imporant, your people skills are going to help you a whole lot.. We want to ensure a fun and positive raid environment for all. Manners, personality and consderation for others are equally as important as your gear and experience.

So as you can see, this is a great opportunity to get in the instance of your choice and get the gear you need. It's also a great way to support your own guild. For example, if for whatever reason you missed a raid or could not participate, Puggernaut raids allow you to gear up your own character, which helps your guild's raid team becomes stronger and stronger. Better yet, there is no commitment and you can raid as much or as little as you like!

I would like to know who is saying that we don't raid enough. We raid 4 days out of the week. More than some raiding guilds.

This probably doesn't hel at the moment as I am ramping a toon up at the moment on stonemaul...but I can raid lead through 25 man icc putricide if you are needing that for off groups.

Elusiv

I would like to know who is saying that we don't raid enough. We raid 4 days out of the week. More than some raiding guilds.

I don't know that anyone is saying this, but in a way I'm glad this was posted. This kind of scenario is ideal for a person like me, who due to my wacky work schedule, struggle with finding the time to raid with us. I do love raiding in guild, and it was a whole lot of fun downing that boss last night, I just don't get a chance to do it as much as I would like.

Thank you ewok for posting that, I did read it on their site, but I didn't quite understand it. I'm guessing that these people simply organize raids on each server based on others on that server who have signed up? AFAIK there's still not cross realm raiding right?

I don't know if this is something I will do or not.. I might actually transfer my pally over and do it with him, leaving my priest available for guild raids.

Anyone who says we aren't raiding enough doesn't understand that there are 2 tiers of raiding

Farming and Progression

Progression is hard work - often hours of commitment and sometimes no loot or success (though success is also learning the boss)

That kind of raiding is not for the faint hearted but it is also time consuming and you have to be geared for it (another thing that takes hard work - people can't carry you in progression)

Farming raids can never be the priority for raiding - because as much as people like to run raids if you do not have progression raiding as a priority people will get bored and quit (sorry this is just fact)

As far as I know anyone can start a raid that does not conflict with scheduled raids - so if you want a Naxx run or OS run - put it up on the calendar

Own the solution - don't just complain about the problem

I say this not directed at anyone in particular because I have been on both sides - frustrated because I thought I wasn't getting out of the guild what I wanted and frustrated because others were being negative

On top of that if you understand what it takes to be a RL it is totally unfair to expect them to run more raids - While they are raid leading they aren't making gold - they aren't doing quests - they aren't getting needed rep - they aren't crafting mats - it is time consuming (and yes fact checkers I know they get badges and gear and gold from raids) but if you only raid you won't be able to sustain the needs of a progression toon

I think if you have to do something like this puggernaut then do it - but I think people need to be patient with raiding
a) you never make everyone happy
b) it is a privilege not a right
c) you might not be geared enough

As believers we need to rejoice in our fellowship - enjoy the game as a gift from God that we can abide in Christ together (and He is God btw :p) and I vote to cut our Raiding dept a lot of slack with the new leadership transition and time it takes to flush out new ideas

Pneu you are very passionate about raiding, and very firm in your beliefs of what raiding with redeemed should be. You posted in a somewhat negative light in my raiding thread, and I just wanted to take a quick second to respond to what you have said here. There is no question you are well geared and skilled and a great raider. I have enjoyed the raids that we have done together, and you were absolutely instrumental in our downing of suarfang last night.

But I think you should recognize that different people have different needs from raiding. I will not for a second speak for anyone else, only myself. I do enjoy my raiding times with the guild, but because of my schedule it's simply not possible for me do it more than occasionally. I don't for a second expect the progression raid to work around my schedule, hence why I suggested leading a different raid which went over like a lead baloon. I do take slight offense to your suggestion that I should just go off and do naxx or OS.. no one wants to do naxx or OS. They are boring, the gear is terrible, and impossible to find groups for. Something like this would be ideal for someone like me who desires more raiding and understands that it's not the guilds responsibility to change the way they do things to accommodate me, and I'm certain there are others that for various reasons desire to raid but have been unable to with redeemed.

I think the OP might be slightly poorly worded, and I don't thing the OP was really suggesting that we don't raid enough. I think he was simply showing us that there was another option available for those of us who were unaware.

lame...i just made this really long follow-up post and I wasn't logged in and lost it. So instead, I will just tell you I am currently eating a whole bag of frozen peas for lunch.

elusiv

Stubbers - my comments were definitely not directed at anything you said in the thread at all - in fact everything you said I agreed with

I was specifically responding to the idea of people complaining -- key word complaining ---- about not raiding enough

I am in the same boat as you as far as raiding goes - my schedule doesn't permit me to raid when they raid - I too asked if I could lead a raid to help gear people up

My suggestion for OS or Naxx was purely random and I did not pick them for any reason - I could have said ToC and EoE

I do feel though that raiding gets hijacked quite often by people who just complain rather than try to help

You are not one of those people Stubbers and I enjoyed raiding with you last night as well - anyone who can DPS and heal in the same fight is uber in IMO

I am not trying to cast a negative light on anything - I think if the Pug thing works for someone great

Mainly I am trying to say that I don't think it is realistic for people to expect more out of our Raid leaders than what they are already doing - and that is based on my past experience with other guilds

I apologize if you took offense to those things - I assure you none of it was directed at anything you said

Wow...thanks for posting about this. Its totally cool esspecially for people who can't meet raid times or get left out for a raid. As you can't expect the guild to run the raid you want on the night you are available, the idea of being able to keep up gearwise for the raids you can make is great. Not every person is gifted in leading the raids either and starting your own can be quite daunting to many. I occasionally lead 10 mans as well so hit me up if you see Chalice/Goblit/Christianna online as I always like meeting new people.

Last edited:
I am so sorry if I said anything to offend anyone. This guild is fantastic...in all aspects. I was, as fireman stated just trying to show a raiding community I read about. That is ALL.

You said nothing offensive - you merely stated what was happening and provided an alternative option for people - that was a good thing

Pneu you are very passionate about raiding, and very firm in your beliefs of what raiding with redeemed should be. You posted in a somewhat negative light in my raiding thread, and I just wanted to take a quick second to respond to what you have said here. There is no question you are well geared and skilled and a great raider. I have enjoyed the raids that we have done together, and you were absolutely instrumental in our downing of suarfang last night.

But I think you should recognize that different people have different needs from raiding. I will not for a second speak for anyone else, only myself. I do enjoy my raiding times with the guild, but because of my schedule it's simply not possible for me do it more than occasionally. I don't for a second expect the progression raid to work around my schedule, hence why I suggested leading a different raid which went over like a lead baloon. I do take slight offense to your suggestion that I should just go off and do naxx or OS.. no one wants to do naxx or OS. They are boring, the gear is terrible, and impossible to find groups for. Something like this would be ideal for someone like me who desires more raiding and understands that it's not the guilds responsibility to change the way they do things to accommodate me, and I'm certain there are others that for various reasons desire to raid but have been unable to with redeemed.

I think the OP might be slightly poorly worded, and I don't thing the OP was really suggesting that we don't raid enough. I think he was simply showing us that there was another option available for those of us who were unaware.

Stubbers, I do understand where you are coming from completely. The point I would like to get across right now is that everybody has a schedule, we all have different times that we are available to play. It is impossible to please everybody in a raiding environment like this, and that is unfortunate. The reason that your idea of starting another raid was somewhat disregarded is due to the fact that, like Sam said, we do raid 4 nights a week already. Wouldn't you think that a lot of people would be burnt out and just want to take a break? Granted that yes, it can be fun sometimes, but raiding on a continuous pattern like that is not something I am in favor for (I'm only speaking for myself here, like you are).

So I do understand that there are some people that do not get into raids or are not able to raid because of their schedule, and my sympathy goes out. We are trying to find ways to accommodate those people such as the left-behind list.

According to the calendar we've done 14 raids since the beginning of October to now (14 weeks), and no raids are scheduled for February. I looked in the raid forums but was unable to find any schedules. Where are you getting that we raid 4 days a week, and where can I find a schedule for future /or weekly raids?

According to the calendar we've done 14 raids since the beginning of October to now (14 weeks), and no raids are scheduled for February. I looked in the raid forums but was unable to find any schedules. Where are you getting that we raid 4 days a week, and where can I find a schedule for future /or weekly raids?
The officers are in the process of getting our raiding schedule back together Bowser, these things take time.. And there is a calendar/schedule... an in-game one. Why there are none scheduled for Feb. on the in-game calendar is because they do not plan that far ahead. I do assure you though, there is a schedule =]

Last edited:
Schedules are posted on the in-game calendar. If there isn't anything listed on the in game calendar, we raid Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.

lame...i just made this really long follow-up post and I wasn't logged in and lost it. So instead, I will just tell you I am currently eating a whole bag of frozen peas for lunch.

elusiv

Did you warm them up first, or were they still frozen when you ate them? Both answers are equally exciting.

Back