Raiding first for TF - Joe just being Joe

Jethiel

I know logistically it probably wouldn't work, but would you guys consider maybe for just a one week raid cycle of combining both 10 mans and trying to attempt a run in 25 man? With the amount of bosses that some of us subs have seen I think we could actually make a go of this. Number 1 issue = work schedules.

Just wanted to toss this out there as both groups seem to be handling themselves fairly well. I have to say that 9 manning Magmaw last night, including 3 of us as subs sure was an eye opener for how geared some of you are getting :)

Thoughts? Opinions? I sure wouldn't want this to become a regular event but think we could have a blast attempting it!

well since 25 mans are kept on a different timer than 10 mans, I guess we probably could... However, that being said, it might hit a "to many cooks" thing with people trying to lead. idk, I'm up for trying it at some point, but that doesn't mean anyone else on my run would be... I would leave it up to that person, and I would have to make sure they are NOT tied to 10 mans... our run needs the gear from the 10s to much to miss a raid lockout =/

10 and 25 raids are tied together now. Good news is they drop the same gear (just more in 25s). You can complete some bosses in 25 man and go back and complete more in 10 man in the same raid encounter. (I've not done this but that is how it is supposed to work.) I think the biggest issue is schedule. Joe I'd recommend you post days times you are interested in raiding and see if there are others in the guild who are interested as well. You'll need 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps for a 10 man raid. Probably at least 1 of those dps to be melee who can interrupt since many of the bosses require that for success. See what you can pull together.

I'm not opposed to 25 man raid, just don't think the timing works, the raid Bob and I run is on different days and earlier server time, there isn't any current overlap where both 10 mans are running at the same time typically do to peoples schedules that makes it easy to do.

An officer could post on the in game message of the day for folks who are interested to message you as well, since not everyone comes to the forums. Just ask.

I really don't think there are another 10 people that could commit to 2 solid evenings a week, and honestly I am one of those. I was just curious on whether the two current 10 mans were interested in uniting for an evening of 25 man, that's all. There are enough subs that have seen quite a few of the fights now that we should be able to get 25 together that actually know the fights. I also do know what Ben is saying towards having 'too many cooks in the kitchen'. About a month ago I 'ran' a couple groups through some ICC goodness (I will pick this up again when I have some free afternoons on the weekend) in both 10 man and 25 man. I was probably the least qualified but since people knew the fights I basically just had to reiterate what some of the mechanics were and off we went.

I think the most logistical evening would end up being an 'earlier' Saturday due to the East Coast gang - but that would be a serious sacrifice to the group that runs Tuesday/Thursday...K, maybe I am not the best at planning stuff out at times :)

***I would absolutely love if someone could put a run in Ulduar together seeing as I still have not seen the inside of that place and that would be a junkload of achievements to grab for in there :D

[7F]EhUd;421846 said:
***I would absolutely love if someone could put a run in Ulduar together seeing as I still have not seen the inside of that place and that would be a junkload of achievements to grab for in there :D

Hmmmmm, I think we just found someone - LOL

/nominate Joe!

/look for a Second

All in favor? Say Aye!

Back