Raid Update #2

coldturkey49

The first two weeks of raiding are completed. Things have been going well so far. Every night I have made it (I missed one), we have had enough people online to do what it takes :)

I would like to give some shout outs:

• Kutluch, thanks for being an awesome raid leader, and showing us the ropes.

• Buffkeo, thank you for being the only rank 40 tank we have and showing up as often as you do. Without you, this raiding would have been an epic fail :)

• Avesther and Zebedee, keep showing up, we still need your DPS.

• Troublemaker and Didasko, thank you, and get to 40 so we have warrior priest awesomeness.

• Durruck, thank you, and get to 40, we need that Archmage.

• Ambriana, thanks for the DPS, and of course get to 40 :)

• Amythest, awesome tanking. P.S. - please get to Rank 40.

• Icthus and Popoki, love you guys :cool: NOW GET TO 40!

If I missed anyone, I apologize ;)

Our next big goal as a guild is to take on the 2nd wing boss in Bastion Stair, Lord Slaurith. I am not going to lie, this guy is HARD!!! Like 10,000 damage in 3 seconds hard. However, all bosses have strategies that beat them. Reference -> Lord Slaurith Info plz read

This boss does mostly Spiritual damage, and that is what we need to exploit. Everyone who will be taking on this boss needs to start putting +100 or +120 Spiritual Resistance talismans in your gear. You want at MINIMUM a 500 spiritual resistance, and try for 700-900.

Right now, with Valisha, I have a total of five +100 Spiritual Resistance talismans in my bank. So I can help out a little. HOWEVER, you all can help out even more! Doing public quests in the following chapters will let you choose Spiritual Resistance talismans at the basic (or 1 bubble) level:

• Empire Chapter 17, +100 Spiritual Resistance talisman.

• Empire Chapter 19, +100 Spiritual Resistance talisman.

• Empire Chapter 21, +120 Spiritual Resistance talisman.

• Dwarf Chapter 18, +100 Spiritual Resistance talisman.

• Dwarf Chapter 21, +120 Spiritual Resistance talisman.

PLEASE, and I mean PLEASE, take a few hours with you rank 30 or higher to get these talismans, and send them to Valisha in the mail. I will practice what I preach, and try to get the talismans from all these chapters with Valisha and Ilya. Trust me, getting these is quick for a rank 40.

Group composition wise, it is best to take on Lord Slaurith (and the 3rd wing Boss in Bastion Stair as well) with a group of rank 40's as follows:

• 1 tank - (Buffkeo, Amythest, Serdoc)

• 1 Melee DPS and 2 Ranged DPS *or* 3 Ranged DPS - (Ilya, Popoki, Kutluch, Ambriana, Zebedee, Avesther)

• 1 Warrior Priest - (Troublemaker, Didasko)

• 1 Archmage *or* 1 Rune Priest - (Durruck, Icthus, ?Obadiah?)

If your name is on this list above, and you are not Rank 40, well, now you know why I am so adamant that people rank up :) Please understand though, I am not tying to be big meanie. If ranking up is boring and you don't wanna do it, just tell me in game and I will let it be.

Once we get this 2nd wing boss in Bastion Stair on farm status, we will move on to the 3rd wing boss. More on him will be talked about when we get there. Also, once we have enough people with enough warded gear, we will move on to Sigmar's Crypts and Warp blades. But that also is in the future. For now, concentrate on getting your toon to rank 40 and snagging as many spiritual resistance gems as you can along the way.

Thanks for reading my massive post, God bless :)

Last edited:
I just went through the chapters I listed for the Spiritual Resistance talismans, took an hour with a rank 40, aka its easy.

I now have three +120 Spiritual Resistance talismans and seven +100 Spiritual Resistance talismans in Valsiha's bank. But we need many many more :)

Okay,

Question, should I go all out for 40 and heck with RvR and influence? Or do I continue to level each together?

I am currently L39R25(almost 26)

Great job guys, sounds like some awesome progress.

Although I am one of the very new folks to the guild (and game) I look forward to doing some of the higher level instances and raids with everyone.

I have come from WoW (played since beta) and have was able to clear everything in WotLK (except Malygos) before I left the game, and everything in TBC except the 2nd half of Sunwell.

My Knight of the Blazing Sun is lvl 13 and I am LOVING IT! He'll be tank spec for sure. I'm not trying to rush too much as I am still figuring out game mechanics and enjoying the RvR. Hopefully I can catch up to folks and we can group up for some PQs and RvR.

Icthus, it all depends on how fast you want to get to 40.

Personally, I just do quests most of the time while in the scenario queue, and do a scenario every so often. But my RR is very low on Serdoc as a result.
However, I do feel it will get you to 40 the fastest :)

Last edited:
When you first turn 40, you can get all the RR gear with RR level 28 I believe. Then next set up purchasable RR gear requires RR41 or higher. The drops in the instances don't require a RR level so RR doesn't have to be as high. I found also that RR is very easy to catch up in a few hours of ORvR now. Taking BO's and keeps at T4, which happens multiple times a day on weekends and a few times every evening, you can get a quarter level to half level in a few hours.

Given how one sided T4 scenerios can be, it is hard to bank on easy levelling via scenerios alone. Once you are in rotation against a premade destro group, its like WoW bgs. Excpect humiliating losses and very little renown and experience. If you can get in with a good order group, expect lots of wins with good xp and renown. It is really a gamble. If you try a few and you are in the loosing camp, do something else, anything will level you faster. If you get into a winning cycle, that plus doing some quests between scenerios will level you very fast.

I would like to give some shout outs:

• Kutluch, thanks for being an awesome raid leader, and showing us the ropes.

• Buffkeo, thank you for being the only rank 40 tank we have and showing up as often as you do. Without you, this raiding would have been an epic fail :)

• Avesther and Zebedee, keep showing up, we still need your DPS.

• Troublemaker and Didasko, thank you, and get to 40 so we have warrior priest awesomeness.

• Durruck, thank you, and get to 40, we need that Archmage.

• Ambriana, thanks for the DPS, and of course get to 40 :)

• Amythest, awesome tanking. P.S. - please get to Rank 40.

• Icthus and Popoki, love you guys :cool: NOW GET TO 40!

If I missed anyone, I apologize ;)

I sense a common thread here. :)

Thanks for being the driving force behind this, Ilya. I had fun running with you on Monday, though I was pretty much just following the crowd and hitting whatever was red. A couple more trips and I shouldn't feel quite so much like a tag-along.

As to the leveling, I've pretty much completely switched my focus over from RvRing to leveling. T2 and T3 I was really trying to keep my rank and RR close and maxing RvR influence for the gear rewards. I really have no desire to 'savor the trip' though T4. Get me to 40, baby, so that I can accomplish something against the sea of 40s!

i'll be honest, i've hit a wall and a little frustrated with the leveling, kinda hate questing but I know I need to do it.

Can you recomend where I should be questing at lvl 31/32? i've done etaine, and i'm thinking of maybe backtracking a bit and doing some of the later t3 quests since i kinda skipped them all

advice is appreciated!

I'm up to L34 on my archmage. I haven't found anywhere that's conducive to leveling as a pure healer. group up with anyone you can find and grind quests, PQs, etc.

As for the Spirit Resist talismans. If you send Durick L33-39 green gear (that has spirit resist on it) I can shard it up and make talismans. I have everything else you'll need for basic talismans (dust, boxes, curios, etc). I probably won't have supplies to get you a permanent one, but I'll at least get something with 8 hours.

33-37 will net you a +80 spirit talisman, 38-40 will get you something better than that (not sure what - haven't found anything to shard yet). Obviously, with better supplies, you get a chance at better returns. But using green dust/purple curios won't always give you better results... it seems there's a random chance still.

If anyone is in there lower 30's and struggling to level up, I feel your pain. It can get rough. However, you need to do the following:

#1 -> TELL ME! Don't just keep quite about it. Tell me in game. Send me a private message in the forums. Do something. Tell me.

#2 ->Let me help you level up. I have leveled 2 toons to 40, working on a 3rd. I know a lot of the quests by memory. I know how to get you to Rank 40.

I am not struggling to level so much as struggling to get out of Orvr.

The past few times I have logged on it is all I have done and well I am having fun doing it!!

Don't thank me for leading, you've been in charge and doing a great job. All I do is point down each hallway and say "That way!"

i'll be honest, i've hit a wall and a little frustrated with the leveling, kinda hate questing but I know I need to do it.

Can you recomend where I should be questing at lvl 31/32? i've done etaine, and i'm thinking of maybe backtracking a bit and doing some of the later t3 quests since i kinda skipped them all

advice is appreciated!

In my early 30s I cleared etaine and was struggling in dragonwake as I was still a little to low level. I went over to reickland and did all the quests there, leveled up and then went back to dragonwake.

Back