R10 Server Balance Update Details

Omega Amen

Today, your copy of Bad Company 2 should be downloading an update that should fix several bugs, etc. There is also an update for the servers that has some gameplay tweaks.

The details are outlined in this blog post.

While I am glad about the tweaks to the M60, 40mm grenade, and the Carl Gustaf, there seems to be a lot more tweaks that I feel are unnecessary. Either way, it will be interesting to see how the changes play out on our Friday game night.

EDIT: One annoyance to note. There is a 5-7 second delay spawning into the battle after pressing... Enter Battle. So once you press that button, just be patient and you will eventually spawn. No need to press it repeatedly.

Last edited:
Look like some good changes, especially the extra motion mine. :D

The extra motion mine is great. I do think they screwed up with the rifles though. They seem to be trying to make all the assault rifles fairly similar which I think ruins the point of having different rifles. Let each rifle have its own strengths and weaknesses and the games is more enjoyable.

How are the changes so far? The 40mm/Carls more managable? If shotguns were nerfed badly, I'll go bonkers. (T_T)_p

How are the changes so far? The 40mm/Carls more managable? If shotguns were nerfed badly, I'll go bonkers. (T_T)_p
I am not seeing as many 40mm, Carls, and M60s, personally. I don't feel there is that much of a difference in most weapons, including the shotguns. So I think your recent fascination with shotguns will not be abated.

The dart gun's increased dart speed makes it relatively easy to tag choppers now. I wonder if they should reduce it a bit.

The only weapon nerf that bothers me is the nerfing of the M16 assault rifle. It is just too weak now when compared to the AN-94, the other burst rifle. But beyond that, I think DICE's goal of encouraging players to use a variety of weapons has been fulfilled.

Back