Quitting wow for good.

Phrankdatank

Hey guys, its been a fun time being in the guild, but recently God has been convicting me concerning my time on the game. I spend way too much time on WoW, to the point where its become an idol.

Everytime I try to come back to wow, it always takes over for a while and causes me to miss church on sunday mornings and to neglect studying God's word and prayer. I realize now that the only way to stop this is to quit playing wow for good.

I wish I could stay and play the game without getting obsessed, but due to my personality issues and the nature of the game, I cannot play wow any longer.

I have enjoyed my time in the guild and wish all of you God's blessings and good luck in Ice Crown!

Phrank -- Let me be the first to congratulate you on this step of massive maturity. I know that it is sad and hard to admit that you can't handle a game, but it shows a huge amount of character to do so -- and it shows a real determination to follow God.

It has been a real privilege to get to know you a little bit in-guild, and I wish you mighty blessings from God as you continue in your life without the game. As I find myself saying far too often these days, if you feel convicted about something like WoW, drop it like a rock and never look back.

Phrank -- Let me be the first to congratulate you on this step of massive maturity. I know that it is sad and hard to admit that you can't handle a game, but it shows a huge amount of character to do so -- and it shows a real determination to follow God.

It has been a real privilege to get to know you a little bit in-guild, and I wish you mighty blessings from God as you continue in your life without the game. As I find myself saying far too often these days, if you feel convicted about something like WoW, drop it like a rock and never look back.

Its been a privilege to get to know you in-game too, Neirai.

Another thing God has convicted me over in this game is how it affects my character in real life. When I play wow my personality gets twisted and I start thinking that its OK to use any means necessary, however ruthless they may be, to get what one wants/needs, which is contrary to the Word of God.

Last edited:
Amen - if you are having a hard time keeping the separation it is definitely time to make a separation.

God bless you.

Yes, while it sounds strange to hear coming from an officer in a WoW guild, I would say that WoW seems to be very bad news for you. I'd drop it like a rock and not touch it again without clear instruction to do so from the Lord.

I don't like WOW that much lol. It's such a pain to play sometimes. I can't wait for the replacement game, whatever it is in the future. I like to keep a game for relaxing. In this world we need to relax, too much stress.

Note: The spirit of obsession will transfer to something else....be ready.

Back