Quick status report

As I posted earlier today, my home PC has picked a very inopportune time to crap out on me. It will not even turn on, so I have no way to diagnose what the underlying problem may be.

After discussing it with my wife, the PC was over three years old, I upgraded it 3 times already, so it was probably due. Now, that being said, I am going to be getting a brand new PC, and with a $2k budget, it should be rockin' GW.

Unfortunately, we have to wait until after our move to get it. We close on the new house April 29, but the home we're selling doesn't close till May 20. So, we'll move around May 6 or 13th... which means until at least then, I'm out of commission. I'll still be active recruiting since I have PC access at work, but I likely will miss the first 3 weeks or so after release.

Major bummer =( Are you going to be building the new one or purchase a built one? Either way... Monarch Computer is a great place to look. If your building, take a look at Newegg too. Guess we'll see you in a few weeks then.... unless you start playing at work, then your wife will wonder why your putting in so many hours.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
It will not even turn on, so I have no way to diagnose what the underlying problem may be.
I'd recommend purchasing a power supply tester from an online or local computer store and using it to test your power supply before declaring the PC officially dead. I used to work in a PC repair shop and I've seen many PCs back up and running in about 10 minutes after replacing a dead power supply.

A power supply tester is a good investment anyway and this seems as good a time as any to purchase one.

Posting from my wife's school laptop.

Actually, the power supply is good-- the motherboard is fried. Therefore, new PC.

I've got a friend from church who told me he could build me a new tower w/ 1 Gig of RAM, a 256 MB nVidia graphics card, and a 3.0 mHz processor for under $1k. However, he also told me that if I wait just 2 weeks, prices are likely to come down on the processors because of a new dual processor technology that is scheduled to come out... so since we're waiting until May 13 to move anyhow, I may as well wait on the potential price drop.

Thats cool i'm building a new pc with a gig of corsair value ram, an amd 64 3200+ on an nforce4 ultra board. My video card is a X800 XL that I got for $254 on Monarch this weekend. I also nabbed a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs platinum that was practically brand new off of ebay for $90 shipped. I also bought a brand new 19" Crt an HKC from Newegg. I will have it put together in a week. I am totally stoked.

As I posted earlier today, my home PC has picked a very inopportune time to crap out on me.

HAHAHAHA!!! WBK SAID CRAP!!! HAHAHAA!!!

Anyway, Scottish you've sealed your fate. STC, Mist, RubberDucky, Atown... gear up and move out! *cracks knuckles* This is gonna be EPIC!

dude skin it up is alot better. lol thats what my church does for ultimate frisbee, skins vs. shirts

great idea... two problems...

1. i am white... and.... as white as can be... people would be blind... i don't tan... i burn.. and then turn whiter...

2. girls play thus they probably wouldn't be to happy bout that...

great idea... two problems...

1. i am white... and.... as white as can be... people would be blind... i don't tan... i burn.. and then turn whiter...

2. girls play thus they probably wouldn't be to happy bout that...

girls with brightly colored shirts are on skins, girls with white/neutral play shirts

What about girls who wear black?
Are they on the horde or alliance side?

Or girls who have black hair, are pale, and have a lip ring? (before you make your decision, this is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet... maybe a neutral faction)

Back