Questions about IRC or our IRC channel

Corpfox, that depends on the client you're using. I use ChatZilla and I've got everything set to auto open on startup, so I can help there.

If you use mIRC, there is a thing called "perform". You enter all your auth and channel joining commands and enable perform on connect. all set :p

Corpfox, that depends on the client you're using. I use ChatZilla and I've got everything set to auto open on startup, so I can help there.

Okay, I use ChatZilla as well.

And I don't see anything that has, "auto open on startup", other than: Preference > List > Auto Perform.

I try to get it to "auto open on startup" but keeps giving me, [ERROR] Unknown command.

Last edited:
I think I fixed this with him in-channel, but for the Chatzilla users, right click on the tab labeled irc.gamesurge.net and select "open network at startup" and then right click on the channel tab (#cga or #toj) and select "open channel at startup" and that should take care of it for you.

How active are the CGA/ToJ IRC Channel? I'll download the stuff if there are some activity on them.

I am on there daily, and usually there's also hamm468, Tek7, Elihu, Atown, Shadetaker, blackgrav1ty, and sometime Rizz and Ember7.

On a side note, there won't be a lot activity unless people download a client and idle, so come idle!

Or you could use the web interface Tek7 mentioned and not download anything.

Personally, I prefer Chatzilla. :)

IS there a guide to Chatzilla? I have it and i remember it not being particularly friendly. I still cant work out how to auth but since i dont hae OPS it doesnt really matter.

Someone should write a howto and it can be put on the FAQS

IS there a guide to Chatzilla? I have it and i remember it not being particularly friendly. I still cant work out how to auth but since i dont hae OPS it doesnt really matter.

Someone should write a howto and it can be put on the FAQS

I can probably do that. I'll do a complete guide on installing, registering with gamesurge, connecting to the gamesurge network, authenticating, connecting to the #cga/#toj channel(s) and configuring auto authentication and auto-joining.

When will we have trivia tournaments?

When will Elihu drop from the number 1 spot?

When will Tek miss an Aretha Franklin question?

-and-

Does it cure cancer?

I have to enter our channel info into the STA League information it should be...

IRC Network irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net
IRC Channel #toj

The thing is I can connect fine using a link in my browser irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/toj BUT if I go to IRC join channel and put in #toj or #cga in the seach box neither channel is found. The reason this is important is STA may use this to contact us but why does a search not work? Using Chatzilla.

The thing is I can connect fine using a link in my browser irc://irc.us.gamesurge.net/toj BUT if I go to IRC join channel and put in #toj or #cga in the seach box neither channel is found. The reason this is important is STA may use this to contact us but why does a search not work? Using Chatzilla.
No clue. Direct joining through an IRC client should work without issues.

Strange. I use Chatzilla, and I don't have any problems using the search to find CGA. This sounds dumb, but try searching just cga instead of #cga. I just tried it both ways, and both ways worked. But I feel like I had to do it that way on the work computer before. (I know, it makes no sense.)

Pidgin is a cool IM chat client that also supports IRC. I didn't realize CGA had an IRC channel. If you see Pelagrin in there, that's me.

Strange. I use Chatzilla, and I don't have any problems using the search to find CGA. This sounds dumb, but try searching just cga instead of #cga. I just tried it both ways, and both ways worked. But I feel like I had to do it that way on the work computer before. (I know, it makes no sense.)

It doesn't sound dumb because I tried it both ways :) . I can't be certain but I thought when I first turned it on it did find CGA and Toj so IDK what changed :/. It lists other channels so IDK why not them. It's probably something really simple but I haven't got the time to mess with it right now I'll have to rely on /join .

/bump

If you're interested in joining the official #cga IRC channel, this is the thread to post in!

Back