Questions about Christian Gamers Alliance staff positions

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Please use this thread to ask questions about Christian Gamers Alliance staff positions.

Read the list of available staff positions here.

/bump

I'll be working on creating a Christian Gamers Alliance staff directory soon. I'd like to add a few staff members before I begin work on that thread, though.

Although I'm new to the guild I would be interested in helping anyway I can.
Ekklesia: Check out the positions listed here and send me a PM or e-mail (tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org) with any that you'd be interested in filling.

Anyone else interested in serving as a CGA staff member is welcome to do the same.

Thanks! :D

There isn't any positions to rule the universe :\

Maybe you should ask the section leaders to throw up available positions, I know some areas are sparsely populated and would enjoy more peeps. Of course that will be game specific but having a request for say people to lead up tourneys in say CS:S could lead to more witnessing power and opportunities.

I would consider the graphics design but my artistic abilities are rather limited. I can't really draw things, but if you have the supporting images I can lay it all out and make it look pretty.

For the most part all the jobs seem high level. I 1) Don't want to deal with money or the collection thereof 2) Be in a position to represent the entire community (I'm not a peoples person)

Maybe we should consider short term jobs for say migration or write ups needed. Say a page needs to be written up, you could hold a competition to see who can write the best page or something and allow people to vote on it. It may be more work in the long run but people might feel a sense of being a part of rather then a member of.

That's because that's my job already.

It's not in your title so it is misinformation. Obviously someone needs to know if the position is already taken or they will spend all that time conquering the universe and will feel disappointed.

It's not in your title so it is misinformation. Obviously someone needs to know if the position is already taken or they will spend all that time conquering the universe and will feel disappointed.

kidan.... u sooooo gotta put that title on >.>

anywho, i wish i had more time but technically im already on prayer staff or something....

There isn't any positions to rule the universe :\
That's because no one wants the job. Do you know how much administrative overhead there would be for running the universe? Oy.

Maybe you should ask the section leaders to throw up available positions [...]
That would be a suggestion for Tribe of Judah, not the Christian Gamers Alliance. ^^;; You can ask questions about or make suggestions for Tribe of Judah staff positions in here.

I would consider the graphics design but my artistic abilities are rather limited.
I can barely draw a stick figure, but I served as Tribe of Judah's Graphic Designer and Lead Web Developer for a few years when ToJ started back in 1999. Of course, I wore almost all the hats back then, so that's not exactly a testament to any kind of skill.

Maybe we should consider short term jobs for say migration or write ups needed. Say a page needs to be written up, you could hold a competition to see who can write the best page or something and allow people to vote on it. It may be more work in the long run but people might feel a sense of being a part of rather then a member of.
/muse

A good suggestion. I'll think it over and see what I come up with. I may also quote your post (with credit given where credit is due, of course) in the CGA Staff Forum.

anywho, i wish i had more time but technically im already on prayer staff or something....
While I don't like to overload staff members, it is possible to occupy multiple staff positions simultaneously.

SirThom, as the Man of Many Hats, is living proof of that. Of course, giving one person that many roles is an anomaly. I hope to light SirThom's load (and have him keep the jobs he likes) once more people step up and volunteer.

I can try to help with something.
Check out the available staff positions and send a PM with an idea of what you'd like to apply for. If nothing strikes your fancy but you still want to help, send me a PM anyway and I'll try to find some way to get you plugged in.

I might be interested in a account manager, can i have a full description?
thanks.
Accounts Manager must be 21 or over, an active member of the community for at least six (6) months and in good standing, and very good with finances. It's a "behind the scenes" position, but very important as the Accounts Manager has direct access to the CGA financial accounts. Again, trustworthiness is a critical requirement for this position.

Accounts Manager must be 21 or over, an active member of the community for at least six (6) months and in good standing, and very good with finances. It's a "behind the scenes" position, but very important as the Accounts Manager has direct access to the CGA financial accounts. Again, trustworthiness is a critical requirement for this position.

Oh, ok well i am 15...so i guess not.

what about a affiliate recruiter?

Oh, ok well i am 15...so i guess not.

what about a affiliate recruiter?
Affiliate Recruiters contact leaders of Christian gaming groups and web sites and discuss the possibility of those groups and sites joining the Alliance.

Communication skills are crucial and people skills are just as important.

Affiliate Recruiters contact leaders of Christian gaming groups and web sites and discuss the possibility of those groups and sites joining the Alliance.

Communication skills are crucial and people skills are just as important.

I just might be good at that, people say i communicate well...

Back