question re: WoW

Khalipso

does anyone here play in the CGA or ToJ guild for WoW? i currently have a full server of toons on a dead server, and i haven't actually logged into WoW in months, but the new expac is supposed to have some sort of player housing. thought i might check it out, but would want to play with some likeminded folks :D

There are two actually. One is ToJ and is on Stonemaul-US but from the looks of it they have been pretty quiet there (though Stonemaul is on one of the larger connected realms now). The other is not officially ToJ and are on Terenas, called the Forgiven. Both are Alliance.

Once WoD comes a bit closer I think I will fire my account back up and migrate over to Terenas to join them. I've been a lifelong Hordie but have no issues rerolling now that the cool transmog and heirloom changes will allow me to take advantage of them without spending $55 to transfer a toon.

I still have toons in Redeemd but have been playing with SOLA. They have an active guild on Wyrmrest Accord. Just started last week but already have 10 to 15 on a night. I think that Forgiven is currently raiding.

Last edited:
There are two actually. One is ToJ and is on Stonemaul-US but from the looks of it they have been pretty quiet there (though Stonemaul is on one of the larger connected realms now). The other is not officially ToJ and are on Terenas, called the Forgiven. Both are Alliance.

Once WoD comes a bit closer I think I will fire my account back up and migrate over to Terenas to join them. I've been a lifelong Hordie but have no issues rerolling now that the cool transmog and heirloom changes will allow me to take advantage of them without spending $55 to transfer a toon.

what's with the transmog and heirloom changes? i haven't seriously played WoW in probably a year... and i'm not really keen to start up seriously playing tbh. not a huge fantasy genre fan, except for books lol. much prefer sci fi :D

just wanted something to do while i wait for my other computer (with swtor on it) get back from the shop. can't play swtor on this one very easily lol.

You know, with all the members playing on various other servers, it would be easy to have Redeemed back to a solid roster. In fact, if everyone who is still playing returned to Redeemed, it seems like it would be a pretty impressive roster.

It's disappointing every time I see "recruitment" for other guilds...

Unfortunately even after the server merge, stonemaul is dead. I did a /who shrine last night and less than 50 showed up. It doesn't seem like a server worth returning to in my opinion.

For me, Redeemed would not be an option purely because I would never play on a PvP server. Stonemaul is PvP right?

Yeah, that is a good point too. I loved leveling back in the day on Stonemaul PvP, but these days, it just leads to stress in the guild with people complaining and whatnot. PvE may take away some of the fun of questing in a dangerous world, but it makes for happier guildies.

Last edited:
It is PvP, but there's not a lot of stress, or any really, in the guild. I tend to view the PvP portion as an opportunity for being supportive that is missing in the PvE only realms. Generally speaking in PvE, you can completely control each encounter.

I logged into a toon on stonemaul that I had not played in a long time. I was in the darkshire inn. A lvl. 90 made it to the back of the inn to one shot me while I was looking at my skills. He did this 3 times till I logged into another toon. That was major stress and had anyone been online in redeemed they might have heard me rage. Maybe had I been famiar with the toon I could have found an escape but I was bound to that inn and the grief was unavoidable. Ultimately I made it back later that day to mail the boas over to the toon I was transferring off stonemaul.

Last edited:
Fair enough on the PvP front. Its definitely never been my thing. I would nerd rage if I played on a PvP server. As is, the last time I truly took part in PvP for more than just holiday achievements was AV in Vanilla and a bit of Arena in BC.

I'm just not the right personality type to be a PvPer. I'm too much of a spaz.

On a WoW note, all this WoD news got me the itch again and I resubbed. I decided to continue with my reroll from my last return on Echo Isles with my buddy. I wasn't sure how busy it was on Terenas with The Forgiven (and I mentioned my aversion to PvP servers), so since I already had a toon with gold I moved over via my best friend transferring, I decided to stick with that. Time will tell if I stick it out till the expac. I will definitely come back when WoD is launched even if I do drop my wow sub again between now and then though.

Yeah I think it has done that for a lot of people. I know I am back playing 100% due to the WoD news. We probably have 30 active players in SOLA that all resubbed or are on free MoP trials because of the hype.

There's some very cool things coming in the new expansion. I was able to watch the 2 day Blizzcon event to see what changes and whats going to happen. Theres a ton of new things happing. I'll add links that explain what these changes are.
01) Player housing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TthwunX7nL0
02) No more Quest, Gear changes made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlRKNSiURY
This is just some of the new things coming out on the next exp.
03) Inventory changes made. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qabCYiI51c

Last edited:
The garrison is seriously tempting me to come back (despite the Happy Panda update). I bet you have to be level two-bajillion before your can create your garrison tho. Since I can never get above the high 40s, I doubt it would be worth it. I'm also curious about if others can attack your garrison. I used to play ShadowBane and that was one big annoyance. You drop a town and unless you have the money to buy the tree that gave you invulnerability you would log back in and find it all trashed (the game was all open world pvp).

There was a question on garrison attacks and what the devs said that there was no plan of that happing at this time of the expansion. Also some more great news for players that want to by pass all the content and start on WoD, theres a new feature with this expansion call "Level Boost" basically if you buy the expansion you can pick a toon you already have or make a new toon and boost them up to Level90 so you can start playing the new content.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BuFr_BTWg

Last edited:
garrisons do look really neat. I am not sure how well it competes with Wildstars housing and EQNext's Landmark but I am sure it will be fun!

Somewhat offtopic...

I haven't read much about Wildstars but from what I've seen EQ Next looks pretty impressive. I'm still not sure if it'll take the reigns from WoW, but it is definitely, definitely a step in the right direction. That looks like a true next-gen MMO, and also it's not trying to copy WoW's style, which so many MMO's have tried in one way or another and have failed (even those that tried to depart from it as much as possible, the formula was still the same).

Totally agree, EQN looks to really be stepping deep into innovation where ESO/Wildstar and other new MMOs look like just a small step forward. If emergent AI and destructibility work as they plan, this could be a huge deal.

Back