Question on a picture

Connor showed me a trinket, or maybe an item, that he has now that gives him a bug mount, but you can only use it inside the AQ instance if I understood him right.

Also, Jollygreen got a bug mount that he/she could ride out in the world for being the one that got to ring the gong at the opening of the AQ gates, but I thought that it was a unique thing. Maybe not though.

I can't tell from the pic if these folks are in AQ or out in the world. It does look like sand, so maybe they all have the trinket/item Connor does.

Is the name of the guild "Moo Mafia" ? That is hilarious:)

Tinie/Angie
http://ctprofiles.net/351164

I wonder if that is some sort of special for holloween or something? I have never heard/seen that before.

Edit: After seeing Angie's post, that could be it: AQ.

Yup, these mounts are only available for use in AQ. As Angie said, the one person who started the AQ Opening Event got a special mount which is unique, one per server, which can be used anywhere.

Last edited:
This is a picture taken from the inside of AQ40, the only place you can use the bug mount that drops in AQ40. There are different colors as you can see in the picture but they are all essentially an epic mount, just look different. The summoning trinket thingy takes up a slot in your bags so you typically will just keep it with your nature gear ... since you bring that to AQ40.

I have been on a few AQ40 raids and the bug mounts drop off trash mobs ... I would say I saw 3-4 per hour so a raiding guild gets their bug mounts pretty quickly and then they are passed on to guests ...

Demetrius (Kevin)

Since I never have been to AQ20 or 40, what's the point of having a mount only for that instance? Can you not use your normal mount in there?

I think one part novelty, one part function. The instance is pretty big and the trash mobs do not respawn. So you can scurry through (is that what bugs do?) on day 2 and 3 of the instance.

You cannot use your normal mount in AQ40, but you can in AQ20. Not sure why? Prolly the bug novelty trinkets in AQ40. I do not think the bug mounts add anything that your epic mount does not do. Well, besides the fact that you can get different colors as seen in the picture ;)

Demetrius (Kevin)

Last edited:
FYI, you can have multiple bug mounts (the kind that work outside of AQ) on a server. The catch is that you must complete the gate opening quest chain within 10 hours of the gate opening. The person who opens the gate gets the mount (obviously) but anyone else completeing the quest within 10 hours gets the mount as well. You rarely see more than one on a server though as it takes so much time and so many resources for even one person to complete the quest.

example42 said:
FYI, you can have multiple bug mounts (the kind that work outside of AQ) on a server. The catch is that you must complete the gate opening quest chain within 10 hours of the gate opening. The person who opens the gate gets the mount (obviously) but anyone else completeing the quest within 10 hours gets the mount as well. You rarely see more than one on a server though as it takes so much time and so many resources for even one person to complete the quest.

Isn't the gate already opened on all servers though?

Back