Question about Online Games

P

PeaceB2U

I'm hoping to gain some insight from other Christians who have had experience with playing in or setting up online games. I have planned out a Christian Survivor game to be played online and have set up a website where the game can be followed.

My question is: what is the best way to get the word out to others so that you can get players for your game?

Thanks for the new link, jjosprey. I'm actually most interested in the online games being hosted all over the internet that are an offshoot of the TV reality games (Survivor, Big Brother, The Mole, Amazing Race)

I thought it would be interesting to host a Survivor game for Christians so I've been working to set it up at www.christiansurvivor.com. I'm just not sure what the best way is to get players. I was hoping someone at this site might have some experience with these games and could point me in the right direction.

the only problem with that is that those shows are actually an opposing viewpoint to Christianity. They are about the betterment of the self physically. They are about back biting, lieing, cheating, doing anything to win.

Christianity is about love, faith, working togethor, helping people.

How exactly are you going to reconcile the basically opposing life viewpoints that survivor-style games and Christianity have?

Interesting.. christian voyeurism...
rock.gif

Sounds a bit weird to me but i absolutely despise that type of program. All the "christians" who enter them seem to be the worse guys there. Well i may be wrong but thats what i assume from the 5 or so minutes i watch them before i have had enough.

If you think you can pull together something like that which is wholesome and christian i think it would certainly be worth a try. Would be interesting to see what it would be like.

You planning on having like 24-7 webcams or something?

Kidan - You actually hit on my first game poll question for my site. You are exactly right. There is a contrast in attitudes which makes this game idea a challenge for the host. It is also why I'm struggling with where to find players to try it out. Do I approach Christian forums to announce the game or go to other game forums? Can a Christian Survivor game be done? Only time will tell.

Also a couple of things to consider: 1) Most people are familiar with the Survivor game. It's not a turn-off to many non-christians. So what if it were possible to use the basic game concept as a witnessing tool.

2) Although Christianity is about all the things you mention, it is also a "selfish" religion. Our goal is to live a life that is pleasing to God and make Heaven our home ... "to win the race." Although I want nothing more than to see my family serving God, I can't save them. I also can not let them hinder me from serving God. God's word tells us we have to forsake all to follow Him and keep our eyes on the goal.

Rizz - No cameras are involved in this game. It is played through the use of mailing lists, chatrooms, polls, and discussion boards. Also no money is exchanged. The game is for entertainment only.

I don't think Christianity is all that "selfish"... Christians should always be willing to share their faith with others, but one of the problems is that people aren't always willing to listen/accept. Prayer! Prayer!

Back